Re: Custom Decals - or printable decal material ?

Anthony Giorgianni

Guest
Has anyone tried simply using an inkjet printer on transparent labels, maybe
with a clear spray over it? Always though I would try that, but never got
around to it.

Just wondering.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

news:[email protected]...

"Anthony Giorgianni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<o2M%[email protected]>...
> Has anyone tried simply using an inkjet printer on transparent labels, maybe
> with a clear spray over it? Always though I would try that, but never got
> around to it.
>
> Just wondering.

Inkjets do not print white, and any background *not* white will
distort the color printed on the label. Been there, done that.

(FWIW: my wife is a software engineer at HP at their main inkjet
design center here in Vancouver, WA. I've worked there, too- there's
always lots of samples to "test".)

Jeff