Re: Custom Decals - or printable decal material ?

Carl Fogel wrote:

> I should add that Suzy Jackson of Australia is not the
> SuzieIllustrator of Ohio.

Indeed she's not.

Regarding making your own decals, the stuff they sell for inkjets is
useable (I bought mine from Bel Decals) but it's a good idea to put a
thin coat of clear over the top after printing. Inkjet inks will fade
in sunlight, and there's no white (or silver, or gold, etc etc). Light
colours are translucent, so will show the underlying paint colour. You
can however buy proper inks for printing on decals, which are generally
opaque, but then you need to do silkscreen or similar printing.

If you want to do a decent job, there's a _lot_ to do. I recommend
paying someone else to do it who's already set-up, unless you're a
complete sucker for punishment. If you are, then drop me a line with
any questions.

Regards,

Suzy