Re: Cycling Etiquette

Andrew

Guest
On 19/05/2005 18:12, Scrumpy Joe wrote:
> Quite aside from the safety issue of travelling so close to someone whose
> degree of cycling proficieny is unknown to him (I could stop, swerve or do
> any manner of unpredictable things) and the fact that his goals are not the
> same as my goals and therefore should not have come so close to me without
> asking.

I think you have to realise that a "wheelsucker" is actually also helping
the rider in front thanks to an improved overall airflow.

So besides the security aspect, I personally don't object if/when a total
stranger wants a bit of a lift. I wouldn't do it myself behind a MTB though
as they are sometimes less predictible than road bikes in my experience.

Cheers,
A.

I did that once after a fairly long hilly ride, couldn't understand why
I was having such a problem even staying on his noisy,knobbly wheel.
I later discovered he was a world class rider,so didn't feel so bad.I
did say thankyou at the time, though.
TerryJ