Re: Cycling in north Wales for a not-quite-beginner

Peter Scandrett wrote:
> Hi
>
> Rob Morley wrote on 03/10/2006 01:25:
>> It's definitely a bad idea. I can't find any pictures of your bike on
>> the interweb - can you post some somewhere?

> The rear bit of my bike (because I didn't think to take any overall pics
> of my bike, sorry!) can be found here:
>
> http://www.scandrett.net/bike/pics/backofbike1.jpg
> http://www.scandrett.net/bike/pics/backofbike2.jpg
>
> As you'll see, there aren't too many places I could attach things to -
> those that exist appear to have brakes attached to them. My seat isn't
> particularly high off the top of the red frame so can't put much there
> either (not pictured is my rear mudguard, one of those 'sticky-out' ones
> from the seatpost that is largely ineffective).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter
>
> <><

A Blackburn MTN 1 rack (guaranteed for life) is what you want, with a
pair of the seatstay clips (all available here:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.asp...cle&Manufacturer=Blackburn&CategoryName=Racks)
It mounts to those eyelets just above your hub, and the seatstay clips
wherever you like - very versatile indeed.

(I've never used the SS clips, as the fittings provided with the rack
can be coerced into most configurations - I even had one rack fasten via
the seatpin QR)

I find that the rack makes an effective mudguard too - a 2 for 1 bonus.

Wheelist

Rob Morley wrote on 05/10/2006 10:25:
>> The rear bit of my bike (because I didn't think to take any overall pics
>> of my bike, sorry!) can be found here:
>>
>> http://www.scandrett.net/bike/pics/backofbike1.jpg
>> http://www.scandrett.net/bike/pics/backofbike2.jpg

> There's no reason you can't fit a regular rack and mudguards to this
> bike - the eyelets on the rear dropout plate provide the bottom
> mounting, at the top you can either use a three-point rack attached to
> the plate where the reflector is currently mounted, or use P-clips
> around the seat stays and a four-point rack.

Great, thanks for this. I'll let you all know how I get on.

Peter

<><