Re: Cycling in north Wales for a not-quite-beginner

Andy Cox

Guest
You could on a related note try the train/cycle combo of the Welsh Highland
Railway (Caernarfon). They have special trucks adapted to take cycles. The
line runs from Caernarfon - Rhyd Ddu (the back of Snowdon), and I gather
it's a fairly easy run back to Caernarfon by bike, being downwards most of
the way...

I haven't tried this myself though, so the only thing I can strongly
recommend is the scenary.

Andy Cox

Andy Cox wrote on 21/08/2006 12:15:
> You could on a related note try the train/cycle combo of the Welsh
> Highland Railway (Caernarfon). They have special trucks adapted to take
> cycles. The line runs from Caernarfon - Rhyd Ddu (the back of Snowdon),
> and I gather it's a fairly easy run back to Caernarfon by bike, being
> downwards most of the way...

Thanks for this, I'm hoping to try it out - we'll see how I go!

Regards

Peter

<><