Re: Cycling not particularly dangerous [was Buses]

vernon

Guest
"Kerry Montgomery" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "DennisTheBald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> DennisTheBald
> For years now the levels of carbon monoxide emitted by new automobiles in
> the US (sorry, don't know about other countries) has been so low that if
> you fire up your (1980 or newer) Buick in a three car or a one car garage,
> it will never kill you. See:
> http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1273253
> This result may or may not be able to be extrapolated to the big ball we
> live on.
> Kerry

You have too much faith in the assertions of the report.

Yes, fewer people die of carbon monoxide poisoning when attempting to kill
themselves by using car exhausts but it's still possible to to be killed by
asphyxiation if the confined space is not ventilated. Catalytic converters
removed the carbon monoxide but the carbon dioxide levels are unaffected.

In a confined unventilated space with an engine running, the oxygen levels
will drop, the carbon dioxide levels rise and any hapless mammals including
humans sharing that space will eventually suffocate due to the lack of
oxygen. It just takes longer to die but gives more opportunities for the
suicide wannabees to change their minds and do something about it. It also
increases the chances of being discovered by a third party before the
attempt succeeds.

You are all welcome to try to prove me wrong but I would recommend you try
to do it using a hands on approach....