Re: Cyclist killed in hit/run (chickeshit motorist) - AGAIN

Joel Mayes wrote:

> Given that some drivers still won't give way to cyclist at give way signs,
> even those on Miller street (N. Fitroy) which I used to commutes down
> which had large "Give Way to Cyclists" signs added by the local council
> underneath the standard give way sign, or on St Georges Rd which is places
> has a similar arrangement with the bickpath down the median strip, I don't
> think that will happen.
>
> Joel

Unfortunately I think you are right.
The fact that we are forever talking about "danger" here just shows the
state of bicycling in these benighted antipodean lands.
I would still, however, like to see the danger rather than be surprised by
it.
It is open warfare, with the murderous majority arming themselves with
ever bigger, more powerful and more gas-guzzling machines with which to
mow us down.
Just how many tons of tank does it require to transport little Sandra to
school anyway?

Peter
--
If you are careful enough in life, nothing bad -- or
good -- will ever happen to you.

"Peter Keller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> The fact that we are forever talking about "danger" here just shows the
> state of bicycling in these benighted antipodean lands.
> I would still, however, like to see the danger rather than be surprised by
> it.

OK. Equip yourself with one of the many useful bicycle rear-view mirrors to
keep an eye on what's coming up from behind.
http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/home.php?cat=171

However if they decide to lose concentration, or just try a bit of a thrill
kill with 10 metres to go, you don't have much of a chance. I guess a 2
second warning with a 30kmh closing speed is a bit better than a 0.6 second
warning with a 90 kmh closing speed

> It is open warfare, with the murderous majority arming themselves with
> ever bigger, more powerful and more gas-guzzling machines with which to
> mow us down.

Yeah this is one view, but with knowledge of the traffic behind you and
useful timing of your road postion, you can safely 'put your body on the
line' to do battle in this 'warfare'. I don't often feel like they're all
out to kill me.

Cheers
Peter

LotteBum wrote:
> Ritch said:
>

>>But much more difficult to keep up the sound of a Harley.

> You mean 'antique waterpump' right?
>

>>potatopotatopotatopotatopotato

> Haha, I'm not into making car noises but that's a good one. I'm going
> to start saying that whenever I see one.
>
> Speaking of antique waterpumps, my nephew saw one the other day and
> said to his mum "Mum, that man has girl hair" because the said rider
> had a pony tail. I thought that was pretty cute.

What's the difference between a Harley rider and a vacuum cleaner?

The Location of the dirt bag.

Boom Boom!

--
Nick