Re: Damn mosquitoes

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc' started by Mike Vandeman, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:54:37 -0400, "Micheal Artindale"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    ..Around where I bike, the mosquitoes are still out in full fury. For some
    ..reason they like my blood.
    ..
    ..I was going to spray bug repellent on me, but ive heard it would eat nylon,
    ..which is what lycra is made of?
    ..
    ..so, what should i do to fend off these mosquitoes?

    Stay on paved roads. DUH!

    ..Micheal
    ..

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    Tags:

  2. "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:54:37 -0400, "Micheal Artindale"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > .Around where I bike, the mosquitoes are still out in full fury. For some
    > .reason they like my blood.
    > .
    > .I was going to spray bug repellent on me, but ive heard it would eat

    nylon,
    > .which is what lycra is made of?
    > .
    > .so, what should i do to fend off these mosquitoes?
    >
    > Stay on paved roads. DUH!
    >
    > .Micheal
    > .
    >
    > ===
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    I dont know about where you are, but even on paved roads... that went
    through forests when you were a kid.... there are still lots of mosquitoes.
    In my backyard there are lots of mosquitoes.

    Micheal

    I am enjoying the outdoors... but if mosquitoes get on the endangered
    species list... i will do my part to make them extinct

  3. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Mike Vandeman wrote:
    > On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:54:37 -0400, "Micheal Artindale"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > .Around where I bike, the mosquitoes are still out in full fury. For
    > some .reason they like my blood.
    > .
    > .I was going to spray bug repellent on me, but ive heard it would eat
    > nylon, .which is what lycra is made of?
    > .
    > .so, what should i do to fend off these mosquitoes?
    >
    > Stay on paved roads. DUH!

    Post of the year.

    Bill "skeeters 'skayrt of asphalt?!???!??!?!??!?!?!????!??" S.

  4. "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:54:37 -0400, "Micheal Artindale"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > .Around where I bike, the mosquitoes are still out in full fury. For some
    > .reason they like my blood.
    > .
    > .I was going to spray bug repellent on me, but ive heard it would eat

    nylon,
    > .which is what lycra is made of?
    > .
    > .so, what should i do to fend off these mosquitoes?
    >
    > Stay on paved roads. DUH!
    >
    > .Micheal
    > .

    There's a good idea because EVERYBODY knows mosquitos don't fly around
    pavement. Sheesh! What a moron ...

  5. "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:54:37 -0400, "Micheal Artindale"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > .Around where I bike, the mosquitoes are still out in full fury. For

    some
    > > .reason they like my blood.
    > > .
    > > .I was going to spray bug repellent on me, but ive heard it would eat

    > nylon,
    > > .which is what lycra is made of?
    > > .
    > > .so, what should i do to fend off these mosquitoes?
    > >
    > > Stay on paved roads. DUH!
    > >
    > > .Micheal
    > > .

    > There's a good idea because EVERYBODY knows mosquitos don't fly around
    > pavement. Sheesh! What a moron ...

    Having a PHD doesnt mean you are smart...... and he just proved it.

    Micheal

  6. Annie Morton

    Annie Morton Guest

    Yes it will eat nylon sometimes... What are you trying to protect? That make
    natural alternatives (Burt's Bees has one) and/or you could buy citronella
    oil and mix it with your favorite lotion.