Re: Dan Heaton's Amazing Jump Analized (pic)

I hate to say it but it's been on my mind for some time now.

I can do that.

atleast, I think. I've done 32" rolling hops and that car doesn't look
THAT big.

The seven pallet jump though is quite a different story. I tip my hat to
you Dan cause that was some AMAZING stuff!

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

"Cyclists of the world unite!
You have nothing to lose but your other wheel!"

~Owen Kirby

Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

7 pallets is a 'warm up'? dan, you are my hero. it makes my 'warm up'
52cm hop kinda insignificant. how did you learn to fold your body so
much? any tips?

--
unicyclistjoe - NZ's 2nd Best Trials Unicyclist

Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos
unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

Alright I'm just gonna guess that I suck at rolling hops... does anyone
else find they have to really build their rolling hops up in height, and
get really warmed up? Like do you guys just go from 52cm warm up to
trying to go for a 63cm hop? I find I have to go down to like half my
best and warm up from there :mad:

--
Robbie - Street Unicyclist

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/greeny23-900/dr_z.gif]
Greeny23
Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

hehe i like how precise that is, 52 to 63, i think that i would go up in
stages, like 52, 55, 60, and then try that annoying 63...which i still
havent cleared

--
unicyclistjoe - NZ's 2nd Best Trials Unicyclist

Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos
unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

Yeah I hate it when I "lose" rolling hops... some days I simply CAN'T
jump up any easy stuff, I get about 2 metres away from the ledge/object
and it just feels like my pedals are gonna be completely wrong and I get
psyched out and miss... and then other days I get one or two reasonably
big ones and then I start landing everything I go for easily.

I'd be interested to know if Dan's ankles are back to their best and if
he's ready to hit the big one metre yet?

--
pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

pete66 wrote:
> *I'd be interested to know if Dan's ankles are back to their best and
> if he's ready to hit the big one metre yet? *

Dan is still healing. From a medical/theraputic/common sense point of
view, Dan's participation in the Street competition at MUni Weekend was
a very bad idea. Too much chance of re-injuring his injuries.

But I could tell it was important to Dan to be a part of it. He was the
main main inspiration for the event. If Dan Heaton didn't create the
Street Freestyle concept, I don't know who did. Though others may have
done similar riding years earlier, through Dan's work on the videos, his
riding, and the riding of all the others shown, is being exposed all
over the world, even to non-unicyclists.

Many people are entering this sport based on what they've seen from Dan
and Kris Holm. They want to go straight to Street-type activities, even
there were no competitions for that, and lots of competition events in
other areas. Many new riders these days are unaware of those other
areas.

So Dan, and everyone else who has to wait while their injuries heal, be
good to yourself so your riding won't be hindered in the long term.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

"Read the rules!"
'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

Hey Murde_Mental, I've been thinking the same thing as you. I've done
over 32", so I figure that ought to be doable for me, although I
chickened out on a 32" rolling hop at CMW way to many times (I never
even went for it).

Also, when I want to do a big rolling hop, I usualy work my way up to it
from around 28" in 1" increments until it's too intimidating, and then I
go every 1/2". The 7 pallettes in U2, according to Dan was a bit over
36". I'm not 100% sure, though.

Potter: Scine it seems as if noone's answered your question, here's the
answer: Most people measure their pedals so they KNOW they'll line up.
The start off at the point of planned takeoff, and roll backwards and
then ride up and do the hop. There's and example of thei when I jump up
a 4 set in my gallery.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
out?

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful. They will stop at nothing
to hurt us and our people, and nethier will we"-Dubya
Vote Kerry. Yeah, they both suck, but Kerry sucks less.

If by "chickend out" you mean going back and foward so as to get your
pedals strait then that doesn't count as chickening out. It would count
if you decide to jump anyways but bail and just land your foot on the
table.

But I haven't been able to practise my rolling hops in weeks GRRR!

On the bright side my side hops have been catching up to them.

If you're ever on aim I'll show you some clips from my movie. (of my
side-hops. I haven't been able to film my rolling-hops.)