Re: Dan's on the mend

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by thinuniking, Aug 7, 2004.

  1. thinuniking

    thinuniking Guest

    I am unsure if it has been posted but I know most know of his fall off
    the 14ft giraffe. Anyways I was talking to him on msn and it looks like
    good news!He is healing much quicker then expected! Just 3 more weeks on
    crutches.
    I am pretty sure on all of these details but i may of read it wrong!
    Ben

    --
    thinuniking - U don't be playing me cracker!

    I am heman with out the muscles or a cool sword
    thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

  2. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

  3. riderboy

    riderboy Guest

    So what about Jeff Groves. Just the other day I came to a conclusion
    about Jeff. In all of Ryan Atkin's movies I believe that Jeff cams. The
    thing is though: They're always rearview mirror shots (if you know what
    I mean) What's going on!?

    P. P. S. S. P.: Jeff took dan home because Jeff can only drop and he's
    been riding for like 8 years now...wow

    --
    riderboy

    Ryan Atkins can take his tire and pop it because my uni sucks...alot...
    riderboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7226

  4. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    riderboy wrote:
    > *Jeff took dan home because Jeff can only drop and he's been riding
    > for like 8 years now...wow *

    What does that mean? Either the videoes are lying or you're wrong and
    Jeff can do a LOT more than dropping off stuff.

    --
    pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  5. thinuniking

    thinuniking Guest

    Yeah your toooootally wrong jeff is an amazing rider but i think he
    likes filming more then riding i think
    Ben:confused:

    --
    thinuniking - U don't be playing me cracker!

    I am heman with out the muscles or a cool sword
    thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

  6. Sofa

    Sofa Guest

    he has fantastic vertiacal+forward leaping power and great aim in pedal
    grabs, it's amazing

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'yea i no allot of mi frends an i r hecka smartr then othr peeple at mi
    skool cus we can balense and we can ride farthar then other peeple wich
    makes ur bran more exersised an it helps u consentrate an improves ur
    mentel stamena' - 1wheelthrilla

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/) (London,
    Ontario, Canada)

    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

  7. truthfulblah

    truthfulblah Guest

    Yo I hate to be truthful to all those jeff fans, but watch the movie
    again. He's not very good. It opens with a 20" foward rollin hop. Childs
    play. Then after abotu 15 ryan clips, going to him jumping and "droping"
    a not so big distance, come on! Then goes to a weak 15 inch pedal stall
    on a rock, and hops out of it. Then goes from rock to rock about a 20
    inch gap. Then does a huge "drop" to a picnic table "drops" off that,
    then "drops" over a few stairs.The shot goes to a narrow path (skinny),
    and "drops" for a van. Then he BC wheels.
    After the BC wheel he does another little rollin hop about 20 inches
    again. Short gap, short gap, short gap, short gap, then weak shifty. Ok
    what the heck was that. I wouldn't even put that in my movie, let alone
    in universe 2. After that he does do a long foward gap, which is good,
    but it's a 2 foot drop onto something. So that takes away the skill, but
    alittle bit higher extreme. That's what i will give him.
    After that he does alittle table on what they try to make look like a
    vert. wall. Ha, i think they were running out of material. Ok the next
    is funny. Narrow pathing on a wide handrail/wall thing. w/e, alittle
    hops inbetween then he "drops" wow! ha. that's it folks. So for those
    jeff fans, i'm sorry... They say he's been riding for 7
    years!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's really funny.

    --
    truthfulblah
    truthfulblah's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7423

  8. sabin_a.

    sabin_a. Guest

  9. uniryder

    uniryder Guest

    Hey Everybody,

    Yeah, it's true, i'm already on my feet and healing much faster than
    thought. I'll explain a little bit more in another thread.

    Now, to respond to a few of the Jeff Groves hecklers...

    First off, Jeff is an awesome rider. I do admit that his part in
    UNiVERsE 2 did lack a bit, but this was due more to the fact of limited
    time to film and just not finding good lines for him. I had to put some
    shots in that I really didn't want to. Jeff is a much better rider than
    the video shows.

    Also, sometimes it is a lot harder to display the full difficulty of
    moves on video, like awkward take offs and landings. That rock gap is
    much farther than "20 inches". That wall is also almost completely
    vertical...

    I've seen a lot of beginner riders that do 6+ foot drops, but can barely
    ride away from them. Frankly, those types of things really are not that
    difficult and I don't care much for them anymore. Jeff is one of those
    guys that can actually ride the unicycle well and you'll see in upcoming
    vids that he has a lot more up his sleeve.

    When I look for people to film I look for people who have a lot of
    experience riding, have good attitudes, who are devoted to the sport and
    who are great guys to be around. I'd put Jeff in my vids any day.

    -Dan

    --
    uniryder - SYKOproductions
    uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

  10. zactor29

    zactor29 Guest

    I sense a tinge of jealousy among all of you "Jeff Realists." What he
    can and can't do is irrelevant, in the end he's a rider just like the
    rest of us. I'm sorry you haven't been able to make a name for youself
    in the uni community and are still so bitter about it riderboy, but i'm
    pretty sure trying to belittle Jeff isn't the best way to go about it.
    Last time I checked this was a forum where people could get advice, so
    instead of telling us what Jeff can't do why don't you offer up some of
    your "Expert Advice" and tell Jeff what he should do and how to do it.
    Get over yourself,
    Zac

    p.s. When you decide to 'show Jeff how it's done' be sure to include
    some clips of you doing all the stuff Jeff can't.

    --
    zactor29 - Sleep Expert
    zactor29's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1253

  11. sabin_a.

    sabin_a. Guest

    zactor29 wrote:
    > *I sense a tinge of jealousy among all of you "Jeff Realists." What he
    > can and can't do is irrelevant, in the end he's a rider just like the
    > rest of us. I'm sorry you haven't been able to make a name for youself
    > in the uni community and are still so bitter about it riderboy, but
    > i'm pretty sure trying to belittle Jeff isn't the best way to go about
    > it. Last time I checked this was a forum where people could get
    > advice, so instead of telling us what Jeff can't do why don't you
    > offer up some of your "Expert Advice" and tell Jeff what he should do
    > and how to do it.
    > Get over yourself,
    > Zac
    >
    > p.s. When you decide to 'show Jeff how it's done' be sure to include
    > some clips of you doing all the stuff Jeff can't. *

    That is right:)......

    why should other people compare and compete against other riders (except
    for in a compotition)......"truthfulblah" and "riderboy" should just lay
    off and worry about improving their own riding.

    -Sabin

    --
    sabin_a. - shooting for expert

    "Could god microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?"

    'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)

    sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

  12. Hey Sabin, that link didn't work for me. Dang.

    truthfulblah: You're just as much of a fool as riderboy, and that's
    saying something. Or is it the same person? Have you ever ridden with
    any of the people you talk about? Screw the videos, you can't talk until
    you've seen him in person. He's amazing! At moab he killed me on the
    trials course, and that course sure as hell wasn't a bunch of 20" hops
    and small drops. If all you're playing off of is U2, then you can't say
    anything. Jeff and Dan have both said that some of the footage in that
    section was mediocre, but still, that doesn't make Ryan or Jeff mediocre
    riders. They had like 2 days to film, which really isn't enough.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
    army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
    out?

  13. sabin_a.

    sabin_a. Guest

  14. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    riderboy wrote:
    > *Jeff took dan home because Jeff can only drop and he's been riding
    > for like 8 years now...wow *

    The logic behind Jeff taking Dan home -because- Jeff can only drop has
    to be seen as stupid in the first place.

    Anyway, I've been riding for longer than Dan Heaton and Ryan Atkins
    combined and I still suck so "riderboy" should save all his sarcastic
    "wows" for me!

    Pete

    --
    pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  15. thinuniking

    thinuniking Guest

    yeah DROPS suck anyone can do drops like Dan said they aint hard doing a
    drop and landing smoothly is a skill but anyone can land sh*t with out a
    role out, it's going up stuff thats hard! Just go out and ride your uni
    and if you meet these guys you will see they could kick your ass with a
    broken leg!
    Ben

    --

  16. sabin_a. wrote:
    > *gerblefranklin,
    >
    > try this one click on the left one and watch for his post line....its
    > sweet! http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albux40
    >
    > -Sabin *

    Ressurection? I've seen it a bunch of times. I've also seen the post
    line. The hard part about those kinds of pedalgrabs is that you're
    really only going to rubber from the outer two pins on you pedal, so you
    have the tire scrubbing when you jump a lot of the time. It was
    impressive, but I myself was much more impressed by Ryan's gaps on those
    handrails that were like 1.5m apart. I can barely make one of those
    (assuming I don't chicken out), and he did like four of them.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
    army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
    out?

  17. TheBadger587

    TheBadger587 Guest

    ever seen jeff's 'summer days' video? it's amazing. also, you're trying
    to downplay how awesome he is at bc wheeling did you see how fast they
    were going in U2? quit whining.

    --
    TheBadger587 - HSG here i come!

    Gliding, finally.