Re: Death to Liberals!

On Jun 19, 5:52 pm, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 3:55 pm, doofy <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Plonk to the ones who respond to him too.

> How he made it out of my kill file is a mystery.
>
> Kill file for Google users:
>
> http://www.penney.org/ggkiller.html

Geez, if everyone will just ignore Trollin Dolan, he'll go away.
Killfile if ya must, but a little willpower goes a long way in
dispatching this impotent POS.

Bill Baka said "I did volunteer
for the draft"

How do you "volunteer" for the draft? I thought they were mutually
exclusive.

Ted.

Ted wrote:
> Bill Baka said "I did volunteer
> for the draft"
>
> How do you "volunteer" for the draft? I thought they were mutually
> exclusive.
>
> Ted.

It was an alternative to just waiting, with the fringe benefit of having
to do only a 2 year service period as opposed to the 3 years of a
regular draftee. The other upside was that you got more respect from you
fellow soldiers than an unwilling draftee. I still wanted to get into
the Air Force and play with planes and avionics, but I got turned down
by the Air Force every year and never got drafted. I did go down to the
Oakland induction center with a bus load of other candidates so I
thought my number was coming up after I passed. 6 months later I called
them, and they said "Don't call us, we'll call you.". ??????
Bill Baka

news:[email protected]...

You're so full of ****.

DI wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Ted wrote:
>>> Bill Baka said "I did volunteer
>>> for the draft"
>>>
>>> How do you "volunteer" for the draft? I thought they were mutually
>>> exclusive.
>>>
>>> Ted.
>>>

>> It was an alternative to just waiting, with the fringe benefit of
>> having to do only a 2 year service period as opposed to the 3 years
>> of a regular draftee. The other upside was that you got more respect
>> from you fellow soldiers than an unwilling draftee. I still wanted
>> to get into the Air Force and play with planes and avionics, but I
>> got turned down by the Air Force every year and never got drafted. I
>> did go down to the Oakland induction center with a bus load of other
>> candidates so I thought my number was coming up after I passed. 6
>> months later I called them, and they said "Don't call us, we'll call
>> you.". ?????? Bill Baka

> You're so full of ****.

DI posts the understatement of the day.

BS (not)

DI wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Ted wrote:
>>> Bill Baka said "I did volunteer
>>> for the draft"
>>>
>>> How do you "volunteer" for the draft? I thought they were mutually
>>> exclusive.
>>>
>>> Ted.
>>>

>> It was an alternative to just waiting, with the fringe benefit of having
>> to do only a 2 year service period as opposed to the 3 years of a regular
>> draftee. The other upside was that you got more respect from you fellow
>> soldiers than an unwilling draftee. I still wanted to get into the Air
>> Force and play with planes and avionics, but I got turned down by the Air
>> Force every year and never got drafted. I did go down to the Oakland
>> induction center with a bus load of other candidates so I thought my
>> number was coming up after I passed. 6 months later I called them, and
>> they said "Don't call us, we'll call you.". ??????
>> Bill Baka

> You're so full of ****.

That's a true story, so it should be on record somewhere in the mess of
military record keeping. What made that day memorable was that the Army
bus that we started on broke down and we had to sit in the heat until
another bus could pick us up. It was only about a 45 mile trip from San
Jose up to Oakland and some of us were joking that if our guns were that
good we really didn't want to be in the Army.
The other little off the wall tidbit was that when we all had to strip
butt naked and bend over for hemorrhoids checks, 3 or 4 guys got
erections and were immediately shown to the door.
That was in the days of "No queers allowed.".
The whole experience reminded me of Arlo Guthrie and "Alice's Restaurant".
I don't know how you would look it up but there must be some records of
proceedings at the induction center dating to back then.
It's true, even if strange.
Basically, they told me I had too many traffic tickets and no respect
for authority, so I wouldn't make a good little soldier.
Bill (I tried) Baka

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> That's a true story, so it should be on record somewhere in the mess of
> military record keeping. What made that day memorable was that the Army
> bus that we started on broke down and we had to sit in the heat until
> another bus could pick us up. It was only about a 45 mile trip from San
> Jose up to Oakland and some of us were joking that if our guns were that
> good we really didn't want to be in the Army.
> The other little off the wall tidbit was that when we all had to strip
> butt naked and bend over for hemorrhoids checks, 3 or 4 guys got erections
> and were immediately shown to the door.
> That was in the days of "No queers allowed.".
> The whole experience reminded me of Arlo Guthrie and "Alice's Restaurant".
> I don't know how you would look it up but there must be some records of
> proceedings at the induction center dating to back then.
> It's true, even if strange.
> Basically, they told me I had too many traffic tickets and no respect for
> authority, so I wouldn't make a good little soldier.
> Bill (I tried) Baka

Your last sentence makes a little sense, except they had guys called "Drill
Sergeants" that could solve that situation. I was draft age during the
Cuban Missile Crisis, and enlisted in the Air Force only to flunk the
physical, by Vietnam I had a family, if not I would have been drafted even
with the handicap. About the only requirements for draft eligibility was a
warm body and be able to walk.

DI wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> That's a true story, so it should be on record somewhere in the mess of
>> military record keeping. What made that day memorable was that the Army
>> bus that we started on broke down and we had to sit in the heat until
>> another bus could pick us up. It was only about a 45 mile trip from San
>> Jose up to Oakland and some of us were joking that if our guns were that
>> good we really didn't want to be in the Army.
>> The other little off the wall tidbit was that when we all had to strip
>> butt naked and bend over for hemorrhoids checks, 3 or 4 guys got erections
>> and were immediately shown to the door.
>> That was in the days of "No queers allowed.".
>> The whole experience reminded me of Arlo Guthrie and "Alice's Restaurant".
>> I don't know how you would look it up but there must be some records of
>> proceedings at the induction center dating to back then.
>> It's true, even if strange.
>> Basically, they told me I had too many traffic tickets and no respect for
>> authority, so I wouldn't make a good little soldier.
>> Bill (I tried) Baka

> Your last sentence makes a little sense, except they had guys called "Drill
> Sergeants" that could solve that situation. I was draft age during the
> Cuban Missile Crisis, and enlisted in the Air Force only to flunk the
> physical, by Vietnam I had a family, if not I would have been drafted even
> with the handicap. About the only requirements for draft eligibility was a
> warm body and be able to walk.

You forgot the requirement for a 'trigger finger'. One guy got rejected
because he lost his right finger in an accident and was right handed, so
they figured he would not be able to fire a gun properly. I also
remember the huge black medic who stuck me about 5 times before getting
a vein to draw blood, with a BIG needle. Interesting day, all in all.
Bill Baka

DI wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>>>

>> That's a true story, so it should be on record somewhere in the mess
>> of military record keeping. What made that day memorable was that
>> the Army bus that we started on broke down and we had to sit in the
>> heat until another bus could pick us up. It was only about a 45 mile
>> trip from San Jose up to Oakland and some of us were joking that if
>> our guns were that good we really didn't want to be in the Army.
>> The other little off the wall tidbit was that when we all had to
>> strip butt naked and bend over for hemorrhoids checks, 3 or 4 guys
>> got erections and were immediately shown to the door.
>> That was in the days of "No queers allowed.".
>> The whole experience reminded me of Arlo Guthrie and "Alice's
>> Restaurant". I don't know how you would look it up but there must be
>> some records of proceedings at the induction center dating to back
>> then. It's true, even if strange.
>> Basically, they told me I had too many traffic tickets and no
>> respect for authority, so I wouldn't make a good little soldier.
>> Bill (I tried) Baka

> Your last sentence makes a little sense, except they had guys called
> "Drill Sergeants" that could solve that situation. I was draft age
> during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and enlisted in the Air Force only
> to flunk the physical, by Vietnam I had a family, if not I would have
> been drafted even with the handicap. About the only requirements
> for draft eligibility was a warm body and be able to walk.

I personally know a guy who tells a story of getting in a brawl (he's got
monstrous guns to this day) and hitting a cop. Bottom line choice he got
was go to prison or enlist in the military. Next stop, Vietnam.

Yet Bill says they rejected him for a few too many traffic tix! LOL

What a maroon. (If only the police had records, the Army had records, his
MOTHER had records, /then/ we'd all know he's not a bullshitter! LOL
indeed...)

On Jun 20, 11:13 pm, Bill Sornson wrote:
> "DI" wrote:
> > "Bill Baka wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...

> >> That's a true story, so it should be on record somewhere in the mess
> >> of military record keeping. What made that day memorable was that
> >> the Army bus that we started on broke down and we had to sit in the
> >> heat until another bus could pick us up. It was only about a 45 mile
> >> trip from San Jose up to Oakland and some of us were joking that if
> >> our guns were that good we really didn't want to be in the Army.
> >> The other little off the wall tidbit was that when we all had to
> >> strip butt naked and bend over for hemorrhoids checks, 3 or 4 guys
> >> got erections and were immediately shown to the door.
> >> That was in the days of "No queers allowed.".
> >> The whole experience reminded me of Arlo Guthrie and "Alice's
> >> Restaurant". I don't know how you would look it up but there must be
> >> some records of proceedings at the induction center dating to back
> >> then. It's true, even if strange.
> >> Basically, they told me I had too many traffic tickets and no
> >> respect for authority, so I wouldn't make a good little soldier.
> >> Bill (I tried) Baka

> > Your last sentence makes a little sense, except they had guys called
> > "Drill Sergeants" that could solve that situation. I was draft age
> > during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and enlisted in the Air Force only
> > to flunk the physical, by Vietnam I had a family, if not I would have
> > been drafted even with the handicap. About the only requirements
> > for draft eligibility was a warm body and be able to walk.

> I personally know a guy who tells a story of getting in a brawl (he's got
> monstrous guns to this day) and hitting a cop. Bottom line choice he got
> was go to prison or enlist in the military. Next stop, Vietnam.
>
> Yet Bill says they rejected him for a few too many traffic tix! LOL
>
> What a maroon. (If only the police had records, the Army had records, his
> MOTHER had records, /then/ we'd all know he's not a bullshitter! LOL
> indeed...)

But did this guy have a police record for going too fast at age 3 on a
kiddie trike???

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> On Jun 20, 11:13 pm, Bill Sornson wrote:

{SNIP}

>> I personally know a guy who tells a story of getting in a brawl
>> (he's got monstrous guns to this day) and hitting a cop. Bottom
>> line choice he got was go to prison or enlist in the military. Next
>> stop, Vietnam.
>>
>> Yet Bill {Baka}says they rejected him for a few too many traffic tix!
>> LOL
>>
>> What a maroon. (If only the police had records, the Army had
>> records, his MOTHER had records, /then/ we'd all know he's not a
>> bullshitter! LOL indeed...)

> But did this guy have a police record for going too fast at age 3 on a
> kiddie trike???

Highly doubt it. (I used to mountain bike with this guy, and for a big
bad-ass love-to-fight muldoon, he was VERY cautious on the trails.)

Only the Legendary William "Iron Bill" Baka could break 50 on a kid's
tricycle. (Check with the local cops; may still be on their books! LOL )

BS (and how)

Bill Sornson wrote:
:: DI wrote:
::: "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
::: news:[email protected]...
::::::
[...]
:::
::: Your last sentence makes a little sense, except they had guys called
::: "Drill Sergeants" that could solve that situation. I was draft
::: age during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and enlisted in the Air Force
::: only to flunk the physical, by Vietnam I had a family, if not I
::: would have been drafted even with the handicap. About the only
::: requirements for draft eligibility was a warm body and be able to
::: walk.
::
:: I personally know a guy who tells a story of getting in a brawl
:: (he's got monstrous guns to this day) and hitting a cop. Bottom
:: line choice he got was go to prison or enlist in the military. Next
:: stop, Vietnam.
::
:: Yet Bill says they rejected him for a few too many traffic tix! LOL

Maybe his memory is bad, Bill....perhaps get got erected for that other
reason they sent "guys" packing. :)

::