Re: Deraileur/brake cable ends: What're U using for anti-fray?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Llatikcuf, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. Llatikcuf

    Llatikcuf Guest

    Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

    > I've used heat-shrink tubing. Worked fine, as I recall. I can't say that
    > it's significantly lighter than an aluminum crimp -- at least I never
    > noticed the difference when I tested it . . . but I think I needed a
    > shave that day and that might have tipped the scales.

    I'll second that, heat shrink works pretty well. Most times I just use
    a couple thin coats of fingernail polish a couple minutes apart. Comes
    in lots of pretty colors.....

    -Nate