Re-design

Discussion in 'Tell us what you think!' started by Guest, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Steve : This looks stunning. Haven't gone to all pages but seeing this "new" forum, it can only be good. O, yes, that "muddy" picture..that guy should get a MTB.

2. dimboy2

dimboy2 New Member

Steve the design is amazing u wudnt do one for Cool-mobile.net - My Site???

Same sort of thing without gfx i like doing them my self

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Steve. New design looks good and very functional. ;D
    However for several days the site has been running very slow for me. :'( Takes forever to load a new page! Is this a problem your end? ???

4. Guest

Guest Guest

old timer

the front page is abit slow, this is because it uses javascript to call things like; the forum nav, the welcome message in the ehader and the active users.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

BTW V02 recent posts was displaying white text on white back ground, which isnt the best idea.
    Everyone knows its a good idea to do that to your hard drive anyway.

6. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Any other good advice you can give me, eh, Steve? ;D

7. dimboy2

dimboy2 New Member

how long did the redesign take you?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

just a week or so.....its not finished yet tho

9. Animal

Animal New Member

How about remembering each user's last viewed message on each thread.<br /><br />OK that would need another DB table to relate thread and userID storing the last viewed message no, but then just by clicking the thread title, you could be taken to where you left off.<br /><br />As it is, onlong threads, you either start and the beginning, or the end and work back to take up the conversation again.<br /><br />WebCrossing works like this andit's really nice to use. The Guardian talkboards are a good example: http://talk.guardian.co.uk/

10. Old Timer

Old Timer New Member

Steve<br />Congratulations on the re-design! VERY MUCH faster. I haven't been posting for some time because the site had become so slow here in South Africa. (and now I'm retired I'm paying for these calls myself :'()