Re: Digital Cameras For Beginners: When All You Want To Do Is Take ?Pictures

SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> I think the Canon PowerShot SD800 IS has features that appeal to most
>> bicyclists. It has a large view screen, plus a view lense that comes
>> in handy in light where the viewer is hard to see. It's battery last
>> a long time between charges and the camera is smaller than most.
>> Beyond that, its advanced features are essentially in its background
>> and can be ignored by the beginner.

> Not just to bicyclists. In fact, it's the _only_ small camera on the
> market with:
>
> a) optical viewfinder
> b) wide-angle lens
> c) image-stabilization
> d) Li-Ion battery
>
> There are _no_ other small cameras on the market with these seemingly
> basic features. Almost no small cameras have a wide-angle lens, and the
> optical viewfinder has disappeared from most cameras.
>
> What this means is that the SD800 IS is sure to be discontinued very soon.

I saw that on "http://dcresource.com", the SD800 IS already shows up as
discontinued, though on Canon's Powershot page, "http://powershot.com",
it still shows up.

I finally went and ordered one on Sunday (took three days with Amazon
free shipping) before they are not available any more. I had an Canon
S500 with a broken LCD, and had no small camera to take on rides.
Naturally, the price came down since last Sunday when I placed the
order, now it's $239.94 (I paid 249.9x).

Here are the direct links on Amazon to the camera, case, and external flash:

Amazon Link for Camera: "http://tinyurl.com/3yk9v5"
Amazon Link for Case: "http://tinyurl.com/2sade2"
Amazon Link for Flash: "http://tinyurl.com/3duw2l"

The replacement for the SD800 IS is the SD870 IS which is 8.3 megapixels
rather than 7.4, and has a bigger LCD (3.0" versus 2.5") but no optical
viewfinder. The SD870 IS has a slower frame rate (common when the
resolution goes up), and will have more noise due to the smaller pixel
size.

"SMS ???. ?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I saw that on "http://dcresource.com", the SD800 IS already shows up as
> discontinued, though on Canon's Powershot page, "http://powershot.com", it
> still shows up.
>
> I finally went and ordered one on Sunday (took three days with Amazon free
> shipping) before they are not available any more. I had an Canon S500 with
> a broken LCD, and had no small camera to take on rides. Naturally, the
> price came down since last Sunday when I placed the order, now it's
> $239.94 (I paid 249.9x).
>
> Here are the direct links on Amazon to the camera, case, and external
> flash:
>
> Amazon Link for Camera: "http://tinyurl.com/3yk9v5"
> Amazon Link for Case: "http://tinyurl.com/2sade2"
> Amazon Link for Flash: "http://tinyurl.com/3duw2l"
>
> The replacement for the SD800 IS is the SD870 IS which is 8.3 megapixels
> rather than 7.4, and has a bigger LCD (3.0" versus 2.5") but no optical
> viewfinder. The SD870 IS has a slower frame rate (common when the
> resolution goes up), and will have more noise due to the smaller pixel
> size.

now that you have finished that story, can you tell the one about the frog
throwing burglar?

mk5000

"My question .
How can I get rid of this stink from the ebony fingerboard ?
Wash with alcohol on cotton , maybe ?
Help , please ."--

Chris