Re: Dinner Tonight (was Re: Please include your LOCATION when describing stores, etc.)

Michael Odom

Guest
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:39:43 GMT, Dog3 <uhoh@ajfl;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz>
wrote:

>I have been chastised and rebuked :) At least I learned something today,
>although not about food.

"I been 'buked and scorned..." (That's the proper blues version of it
anyway.)

>ObFood:
>
>Dinner tonight is going to be Modom's Potato Soup with Poblano from the RFC
>cookbook. I'll be making a plain mixed green salad with Gawd only knows
>what dressing I come up with. The salad will have onion, a bit of garlic,
>sliced radish, cucumber, tomato and blanched baby asparagus. Crusty bread
>and for dessert, I bought a ton of fruit today. I'm going to make a fruit
>torte or flan. Probably the flan but I have to find a recipe for it. I lost
>mine.

I'm honored and a bit uneasy to boot. It's a curious kind of
immortality to be represented in a cookbook.

>POTATO SOUP WITH POBLANO
>From Modom and taken from the RFC cookbook.
>
>1 can (480ml)(I'm using my own, I have some on hand) reduced salt
> chicken broth
>1 pint milk (480ml)
>4-5 medium small potatoes, cut into small dice
>1/2 poblane chile, minced
>2-3 tablespoons basil olive oil
>1 teaspoon of minced tasso
> a few cumin seeds
> several turns of black pepper
>
>Heat the oil in a pot and toss in the cumin. Add the potatoes and poblano.
>Fry it all till the potatoes just begin to get a little color. Add the
>tasso. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the milk and the
>pepper. Return to a strong simmer till the potatoes are done--only a couple
>of minutes.
>
>Posted for those that do not have a cookbook.
>
>Michael

You should feel free to adjust the flavors and proportions as you see
fit. It's not chili, you know.

Heh.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore