Re: Dinner Tonight (was Re: Please include your LOCATION when describing stores, etc.)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michael Odom, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. Michael Odom

    Michael Odom Guest

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:39:43 GMT, Dog3 <[email protected];ajklsd;ajlds.nutz>
    wrote:

    >I have been chastised and rebuked :) At least I learned something today,
    >although not about food.

    "I been 'buked and scorned..." (That's the proper blues version of it
    anyway.)

    >ObFood:
    >
    >Dinner tonight is going to be Modom's Potato Soup with Poblano from the RFC
    >cookbook. I'll be making a plain mixed green salad with Gawd only knows
    >what dressing I come up with. The salad will have onion, a bit of garlic,
    >sliced radish, cucumber, tomato and blanched baby asparagus. Crusty bread
    >and for dessert, I bought a ton of fruit today. I'm going to make a fruit
    >torte or flan. Probably the flan but I have to find a recipe for it. I lost
    >mine.

    I'm honored and a bit uneasy to boot. It's a curious kind of
    immortality to be represented in a cookbook.

    >POTATO SOUP WITH POBLANO
    >From Modom and taken from the RFC cookbook.
    >
    >1 can (480ml)(I'm using my own, I have some on hand) reduced salt
    > chicken broth
    >1 pint milk (480ml)
    >4-5 medium small potatoes, cut into small dice
    >1/2 poblane chile, minced
    >2-3 tablespoons basil olive oil
    >1 teaspoon of minced tasso
    > a few cumin seeds
    > several turns of black pepper
    >
    >Heat the oil in a pot and toss in the cumin. Add the potatoes and poblano.
    >Fry it all till the potatoes just begin to get a little color. Add the
    >tasso. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the milk and the
    >pepper. Return to a strong simmer till the potatoes are done--only a couple
    >of minutes.
    >
    >Posted for those that do not have a cookbook.
    >
    >Michael

    You should feel free to adjust the flavors and proportions as you see
    fit. It's not chili, you know.

    Heh.

    modom

    "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
    -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore