Re: Do all 20 inch unis have 19 inch rims, or just some of them?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Skippii, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    Mostly, I'm interested in knowing if the torkers do.
    Am I correct in assuming that 20-inch BMX tires don't fit on most
    20-inch unicycles?
    And how do you know if a 20 inch tire is supposed to fit on a 20-inch
    rim or a 19-inch rim?:confused:

    --
    Skippii - Kingpin, One for the Road

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  2. The torkers have real 20" rims. All 20" bmx tires will fit on 20"
    rims.Its the trials tires that only fit 19" rims.A trials tire will not
    fit the torker 20" rim.BMX tires will.

    --
    forrestunifreak - R.I.P. Unibiker

    FOR SALE:
    1 parachute,only used once,never opened,small stain.

  3. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    forrestunifreak wrote:
    > *The torkers have real 20" rims. All 20" bmx tires will fit on 20"
    > rims.Its the trials tires that only fit 19" rims.A trials tire will
    > not fit the torker 20" rim.BMX tires will. *

    Thanks!

    There's some knobby 20"s on clearence for $2 each...I'll have to tell
    the gang about it.

    --
    Skippii - Kingpin, One for the Road

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  4. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    General Dibbles wrote:
    > *as far as i know it's the trials rims that don't fit 20 inch tires,
    > rims like monty, arrow, and alex, won't fit bmx tires *

    You have to be careful when you say thing like that. Remember that Alex
    and Arrow make many models of rims. They make both 19 inch Mod rims and
    normal 20 inch rims used for BMX, kid's bikes, and recumbents.

    The Alex DX 32 and the Aarow DHX are available in 19 inch Mod Rims.

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
    'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
    I need to find a job