Re: Do French people eat French Fries and French Toast ?

Michel Boucher

Guest
Puester <[email protected]> wrote in news:0GxQd.43146
[email protected]:

>>Do French people eat French Fries and French Toast ? Or is it just
>> an American myth? Serious question.

>> Thanks.

>> Kate

> No, they eat pommes frites and pain perdue.

Seeing as we're on the topic, it's "pain perdu" (pain being
masculine). In Québec, it's called "pain doré".

Of course, seeing as it is NOT French, the French would prefer if you
would call it Roties anglaises, just as they would prefer that French
letters (or safes) be referred to as Capotes anglaises, French
kissing as Baiser à l'anglaise and French leave as Filer à
l'anglaise, as is proper :)

--

[...] remember when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth

Monty Python's Universe Song

On 16 Feb 2005 13:23:17 GMT, Michel Boucher
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Seeing as we're on the topic, it's "pain perdu" (pain being
> masculine). In Québec, it's called "pain doré".

Doré? Is it brushed with egg?

sf