Re: Do French people eat French Fries and French Toast ?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michel Boucher, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. Puester <[email protected]> wrote in news:0GxQd.43146
    [email protected]:

    >>Do French people eat French Fries and French Toast ? Or is it just
    >> an American myth? Serious question.

    >> Thanks.

    >> Kate

    > No, they eat pommes frites and pain perdue.

    Seeing as we're on the topic, it's "pain perdu" (pain being
    masculine). In Québec, it's called "pain doré".

    Of course, seeing as it is NOT French, the French would prefer if you
    would call it Roties anglaises, just as they would prefer that French
    letters (or safes) be referred to as Capotes anglaises, French
    kissing as Baiser à l'anglaise and French leave as Filer à
    l'anglaise, as is proper :)

    --

    [...] remember when you're feeling very small and insecure,
    How amazingly unlikely is your birth

    Monty Python's Universe Song

    Tags:

  2. sf

    sf Guest

    On 16 Feb 2005 13:23:17 GMT, Michel Boucher
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Seeing as we're on the topic, it's "pain perdu" (pain being
    > masculine). In Québec, it's called "pain doré".

    Doré? Is it brushed with egg?

    sf