Re: Do You Remember?

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:6461bcf7-c25e-4347-a0d2-1e79c7bf48e0@w74g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 28, 7:43 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>> I once said that vitamin supplements had essentially no effect on you and
>> the hollering here and the names I was called were quite vicious.

>> But of course if all of you really strong and healthy Cat 5 wannabees say
>> they work I'm sure they must.

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thread/bbe14edecc21bd65

So let me see - that was 2004 and this is 2008 - obviously nothing was
learned in the interim.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Apr 28, 7:43 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>> I once said that vitamin supplements had essentially no effect on you and
>> the hollering here and the names I was called were quite vicious.

>> But of course if all of you really strong and healthy Cat 5 wannabees say
>> they work I'm sure they must.

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thread/bbe14edecc21bd65

Oh, by the way, E-caps aren't strictly "vitamins". They add some chemicals
that are used to maintain the communications along the nerve fibers and
that's what seems to do the trick.

On Apr 28, 5:56 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > On Apr 28, 7:43 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> >> I once said that vitamin supplements had essentially no effect on you and
> >> the hollering here and the names I was called were quite vicious.

> >> But of course if all of you really strong and healthy Cat 5 wannabees say
> >> they work I'm sure they must.

> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thre...

> Oh, by the way, E-caps aren't strictly "vitamins". They add some chemicals
> that are used to maintain the communications along the nerve fibers and
> that's what seems to do the trick.

Lol!

Thanks for the entertainment.

In article <6461bcf7-c25e-4347-a0d2-1e79c7bf48e0@w74g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

> On Apr 28, 7:43 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > I once said that vitamin supplements had essentially no effect on you and
> > the hollering here and the names I was called were quite vicious.

> > But of course if all of you really strong and healthy Cat 5 wannabees say
> > they work I'm sure they must.

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thread/bbe14e
> decc21bd65

More specifically:
_____________________
If Memory serves, Bobby was a VERY big vegetarian/supplimental vitamin guy.
I wouldn't doubt that this wa Bobby's Dad and I also wouldn't doubt that
we're talking vitamins. The good stuff ain't cheap. I used to buy some from
a company that was pretty expensive but they reformulated them and you could
feel that they didn't work anymore. Recently I started taking the vitamins
from E-caps and THEY WORK and aren't too expensive. Last Saturday I did my
fastest ride over 40 miles. I pushed into a headwind for 25 miles which took
two hours and then did the next 45 miles mostly cross wind in another 2
hours. I'm a believer.

>> Also, I have never taken any supplements other then multivitimens.  Does
>> anyone know if top cyclists benefit from legal supplements or do these
>> just make your wallet lighter?

> "Supplements" is a very wide category. Most are not worthwhile.

That may be true but then Pro cyclists use injectable vitamins. I can't
imagine that they'd stick needles into themselves if it wasn't adding
something.
_____________________
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/8a2d863c024e3059

Yep, ol' Tom was telling us all how dumb taking supplements is.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <3c0dfc90-c5c2-43dd-b151-c508440c1146@j33g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 28, 5:56 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thre...

> > Oh, by the way, E-caps aren't strictly "vitamins". They add some chemicals
> > that are used to maintain the communications along the nerve fibers and
> > that's what seems to do the trick.

> Lol!
>
> Thanks for the entertainment.

Oh, the names he was called. Quite vicious!

Here's one: "backpedaller."

--

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Oh, by the way, E-caps aren't strictly "vitamins". They add some chemicals
> that are used to maintain the communications along the nerve fibers and
> that's what seems to do the trick.

They don't seem to work on neural networks.

On Apr 28, 5:56 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thre...

> Oh, by the way, E-caps aren't strictly "vitamins". They add some chemicals
> that are used to maintain the communications along the nerve fibers and
> that's what seems to do the trick.

Hey, I downloaded an RBR software upgrade from
SchwartzSoft, and now their product comes with inline
advertisements!

Ben

On Apr 28, 10:17 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
<<Snipped>>
>    Yep, ol' Tom was telling us all how dumb taking supplements is.
>
> --
>                               tanx,
>                                Howard
>
>                         Whatever happened to
>                         Leon Trotsky?
>                         He got an icepick
>                         That made his ears burn.
>
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

I really don't feel like digging for the citations and through the
studies right now, but I seem to remember that just about all of these
studies don't include factoring in the complete **** diet most people
eat. I thought I saw that disclaimer on this study too.
I have more faith in Jonas Salk, and what he, and his folks have to
say than public opinion.
I'm still waiting for a definitive study based around spaghetti Os,
Rat Macs, triple meat pizzas, and vitamins.
Bill C

On Apr 29, 8:44 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 28, 10:17 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> <<Snipped>>
>
> >    Yep, ol' Tom was telling us all how dumb taking supplements is.

> > --
> >                               tanx,
> >                                Howard

> >                         Whatever happened to
> >                         Leon Trotsky?
> >                         He got an icepick
> >                         That made his ears burn.

> >                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

>  I really don't feel like digging for the citations and through the
> studies right now, but I seem to remember that just about all of these
> studies don't include factoring in the complete **** diet most people
> eat. I thought I saw that disclaimer on this study too.
>  I have more faith in Jonas Salk, and what he, and his folks have to
> say than public opinion.
>  I'm still waiting for a definitive study based around spaghetti Os,
> Rat Macs, triple meat pizzas, and vitamins.
>  Bill C

Should've tossed this in:
http://www.salk.edu/about/about.php?sid=about

Bill C

In article
<4f546c6b-feb5-41e8-8c96-a4f36ca49e2b@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 28, 10:17?pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> <<Snipped>>
> > ? ?Yep, ol' Tom was telling us all how dumb taking supplements is.
> >
> > --
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? tanx,
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Howard
> >
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Whatever happened to
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Leon Trotsky?
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? He got an icepick
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? That made his ears burn.
> >
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

> I really don't feel like digging for the citations and through the
> studies right now, but I seem to remember that just about all of these
> studies don't include factoring in the complete **** diet most people
> eat. I thought I saw that disclaimer on this study too.
> I have more faith in Jonas Salk, and what he, and his folks have to
> say than public opinion.
> I'm still waiting for a definitive study based around spaghetti Os,
> Rat Macs, triple meat pizzas, and vitamins.
> Bill C

The only nutritional study you need:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2078609?dopt=Citation