Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Does anyone dislike Prolink chain lube?

Started by Mike DeMicco · · Last activity · 4 posts · 557 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 February 2005
Last activity
18 February 2005
Original author
Mike DeMicco
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
557
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [email hidden] wrote in news:ohtv011579ur4gcv7v2go1o8cc3m6mg25s@
    4ax.com:

    Quoted message said:
    Mike Yankee said:

    ProLink is the best, in my opinion. I started using it on my fixed
    gear and rain/beater road bikes 2-3 years ago. I use it on all my
    bikes now.

    My only grip, and it's a small one, is that the last bottle I got had a
    larger drip nozzle. The original one was an angled, almost pointy
    nozzle with a small orifice. It worked splendidly; the new one
    doesn't. But the stuff inside is what counts.

    Dear Mike,

    I'm not trying to start an argument, just curious--what
    makes ProLink better?

    Carl Fogel

    I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
    that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the lube
    lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold up to
    water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

    --
    Mike DeMicco <[email hidden]>

  2. Mike DeMicco said:

    I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
    that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the
    lube lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold
    up to water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

    How long does Prolink last? I get pretty good service life out of plain old
    oil, and the dirt isn't that big a deal if you wipe the chain between rides.

    Matt O.

  3. Matt O'Toole said:
    Mike DeMicco said:

    I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
    that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the
    lube lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold
    up to water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

    How long does Prolink last? I get pretty good service life out of
    plain old oil, and the dirt isn't that big a deal if you wipe the
    chain between rides.

    Matt O.

    Prolink is thinner than oil, but it doesn't come off on wet rides. Oil is a
    whole lot cheaper, too.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  4. I hate that stuff!

    It's got a nasty slimy aftertaste, and tends to give me diharrea.

    Carapace Completed Umber
    Dallas, Texas

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.