Re: Does anyone dislike Prolink chain lube?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike DeMicco, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. Mike DeMicco

    Mike DeMicco Guest

    [email protected] wrote in news:eek:[email protected]
    4ax.com:

    > On 13 Feb 2005 07:28:19 -0800, "Mike Yankee"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>ProLink is the best, in my opinion. I started using it on my fixed
    >>gear and rain/beater road bikes 2-3 years ago. I use it on all my
    >>bikes now.
    >>
    >>My only grip, and it's a small one, is that the last bottle I got had a
    >>larger drip nozzle. The original one was an angled, almost pointy
    >>nozzle with a small orifice. It worked splendidly; the new one
    >>doesn't. But the stuff inside is what counts.

    > Dear Mike,
    >
    > I'm not trying to start an argument, just curious--what
    > makes ProLink better?
    >
    > Carl Fogel

    I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
    that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the lube
    lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold up to
    water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

    --
    Mike DeMicco <[email protected]>

    Tags:

  2. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Mike DeMicco wrote:

    > I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
    > that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the
    > lube lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold
    > up to water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

    How long does Prolink last? I get pretty good service life out of plain old
    oil, and the dirt isn't that big a deal if you wipe the chain between rides.

    Matt O.

  3. Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > Mike DeMicco wrote:
    >
    >> I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
    >> that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the
    >> lube lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold
    >> up to water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

    > How long does Prolink last? I get pretty good service life out of
    > plain old oil, and the dirt isn't that big a deal if you wipe the
    > chain between rides.
    >
    > Matt O.

    Prolink is thinner than oil, but it doesn't come off on wet rides. Oil is a
    whole lot cheaper, too.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  4. I hate that stuff!

    It's got a nasty slimy aftertaste, and tends to give me diharrea.

    Carapace Completed Umber
    Dallas, Texas