Re: Does anyone dislike Prolink chain lube?

Mike DeMicco

Guest
[email protected] wrote in news:eek:htv011579ur4gcv7v2go1o8cc3m6mg25s@
4ax.com:

> On 13 Feb 2005 07:28:19 -0800, "Mike Yankee"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>ProLink is the best, in my opinion. I started using it on my fixed
>>gear and rain/beater road bikes 2-3 years ago. I use it on all my
>>bikes now.
>>
>>My only grip, and it's a small one, is that the last bottle I got had a
>>larger drip nozzle. The original one was an angled, almost pointy
>>nozzle with a small orifice. It worked splendidly; the new one
>>doesn't. But the stuff inside is what counts.

> Dear Mike,
>
> I'm not trying to start an argument, just curious--what
> makes ProLink better?
>
> Carl Fogel

I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the lube
lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold up to
water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

--
Mike DeMicco <[email protected]>

Mike DeMicco wrote:

> I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
> that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the
> lube lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold
> up to water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

How long does Prolink last? I get pretty good service life out of plain old
oil, and the dirt isn't that big a deal if you wipe the chain between rides.

Matt O.

Matt O'Toole wrote:
> Mike DeMicco wrote:
>
>> I'll bite. The reason ProLink is better is that the chain doesn't get
>> that dirty (and as a result, the chain is easier to clean), and the
>> lube lasts quite a while (at least on road bikes). It seems to hold
>> up to water (at least better than those waxy lubes).

> How long does Prolink last? I get pretty good service life out of
> plain old oil, and the dirt isn't that big a deal if you wipe the
> chain between rides.
>
> Matt O.

Prolink is thinner than oil, but it doesn't come off on wet rides. Oil is a
whole lot cheaper, too.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

I hate that stuff!

It's got a nasty slimy aftertaste, and tends to give me diharrea.

Carapace Completed Umber
Dallas, Texas