Re: Does anyone dislike Prolink chain lube?

yzfrr11 wrote:
> I just switched from T-9, just to try something new. I was very happy
> with T-9. I had minimal chain wear using it for 5000 miles.
>
> So far, Prolink seems good (2000 mi.)
>
> Anyone dislike Prolink?
>

> --
> yzfrr11

I noticed that Prolink is marketed as being "environmentally friendly."
Does anyone know what the basis of this is?

In article <[email protected]>,
<"[email protected]"> wrote:

> I noticed that Prolink is marketed as being "environmentally friendly."
> Does anyone know what the basis of this is?

Hmmm. Perhaps placing the emphasis on 'marketed' rather than
'environmentally friendly' will clarify matters. The ingredient
responsible for Prolink's lubricative properties, "MFR", is a petroleum
derivative -- like many other (environmentally unfriendly?) lubes.
Poking about <http://www.progoldmfr.com/> yielded little else.

luke

Luke:

MFR is the chemical formula "metal friction reducer". A unique
distillation process results in bonds that are extremely flexible
between the metal, friction, and reducer atoms (atomic numbers 7.45,
11.33 and 3007, respectively) and slippery. So slippery in fact, they
had to remove a few pairs (of slippers) to keep it from causing the
fasteners that it came into contact with from leaping from their nuts
or other threaded bits.

App, who uses prolink despite the marketing bull and environmental
unfriendliness.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Luke:
>
> MFR is the chemical formula "metal friction reducer". A unique
> distillation process results in bonds that are extremely flexible
> between the metal, friction, and reducer atoms (atomic numbers 7.45,
> 11.33 and 3007, respectively) and slippery. So slippery in fact, they
> had to remove a few pairs (of slippers) to keep it from causing the
> fasteners that it came into contact with from leaping from their nuts
> or other threaded bits.
>
> App, who uses prolink despite the marketing bull and environmental
> unfriendliness.

Luke, I thought you were making this up but no, that is what they want us to
believe...

From the Prolink web site:
"Because MFR technology is so effective, care should be taken to not apply
EPX Cycle Grease to bolts or fasteners that must be torqued, as they may
"back off" due to vibration."

Dave