Re: Does the helmet rule cause more crashes in the Tour? <- ENOUGH, Another idiot plonked

Tom Kunich wrote:

> If the experiences in most of the world are anything to judge by,

risk
> compensation appears to only go one way. It isn't as if racers are

going to
> slow up now. That means they'll continue taking chances. Once out of

the
> bottle the genie can't be put back in.

That was a weak-ass response to my questions and you know it.

You may not intentionally be joining Ronde in the forces of troll, but
it's readily apparent you are incapable of putting further thought into
the topic at hand. (I'm new here but I've read the google archives)

You learned the term "risk compensation", felt warm/fuzzy/comfortable
with it, and are content to obstinately misuse the concept, to not
consider the bigger issues, and let your thinking stagnate.

You may get the last word, but give it to Ronde, as now you join him in
my killfile.

*PLONK*

[email protected] wrote:
> You may get the last word, but give it to Ronde, as now you join him
> in my killfile.
>
> *PLONK*

Since you are new here I might as well tell you. If you start plonking
everybody that is insane or otherwise abnormal you will have nobody left in
this NG to communicate with. Apart from me of course, but I don't talk to
people who carry killfiles. Wouldn't want to end up in one, YEEEECCCHH.

--
Perre

"Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> > You may get the last word, but give it to Ronde, as now you join him
> > in my killfile.
> >
> > *PLONK*

> Since you are new here I might as well tell you. If you start plonking
> everybody that is insane or otherwise abnormal you will have nobody left

in
> this NG to communicate with. Apart from me of course, but I don't talk to
> people who carry killfiles. Wouldn't want to end up in one, YEEEECCCHH.

Our overly sensitive friend seems to think that if you now remove helmets
from the peloton that they are going to ignore past race averages and slow
down. My guess is that they'd continue crashing and hurting themselves in an
almost identical manner. Then sooner or later someone would kill themselves
with a head injury again and then the bright idea would be to mandate
helmets yet again. Then rides would take still more chances and up the ante
again.

But the clown who feels it necessary both to post anonymously and then tell
us that he is putting me in his kill file as if that were some sort of
humiliation coming from a person incapable of carrying on an intelligent
conversation probably believes that taking away air bags and safety belts in
automobiles would cause drivers to slow up as well.