Re: don't share the road

pricks in cars should realise we have 100% right to the entire lane,
unless we are on a fast steep decent we never take up that much road,
so the fact that they can get by us without actually having to
overtake us is pretty good on bikers parts. Drivers seem to forget
this. If i get an asshole who tries to run me off the road i remind
him this by riding in the middle of the lane.

!!!!!up yours bus drivers/cabs/truck/SUV drivers!!!!!

Per [email protected]:
> pricks in cars should realise we have 100% right to the entire lane,
> ... If i get an asshole who tries to run me off the road i remind
> him this by riding in the middle of the lane.

Bear in mind that cager can kill or maim you and not suffer any
consequences. "Officer, I tried to avoid him but he was
weaving...." Been there, seen it done first-hand.

From my small exposure to the marine world "Tonnage has it's own
right-of-way."
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per [email protected]:
>> pricks in cars should realise we have 100% right to the entire lane,
>> ... If i get an asshole who tries to run me off the road i remind
>> him this by riding in the middle of the lane.

> Bear in mind that cager can kill or maim you and not suffer any
> consequences. "Officer, I tried to avoid him but he was
> weaving...." Been there, seen it done first-hand.
>
> From my small exposure to the marine world "Tonnage has it's own
> right-of-way."

Absolutely correct. As long as US laws/attitudes toward traffic
"accidents" allow the driver to ******** his way out, no progress will
be made toward giving bikes their appropriate respect as vehicles.

Indirectly, the best thing currently happening for cyclists in the US is
the rising gasoline price. Pushing motorists to more fuel efficient
(smaller) vehicles should reduce the visibility problems inherent in
piloting huge SUVs and ultra-trucks and improve their drivers'
attitudes. I doubt that drivers of small sedans will be as willing, on
average, to imagine the sense of lane-privilege and machismo that the
SUV and ultra-truck drivers do.

I'm hoping gasoline will go to $6-8/gallon soon!

Cal