Re: Double Leg wrap Comp

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by maximus unius, May 15, 2008.

  1. Tags:

  2. unibikeling

    unibikeling Guest

  3. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    One leg comes off the pedal, and rotates around the seat twice, right?

    Im in. I think I can manage to do this with my back feeling as bad as
    it does.

    --
    Jerrick

    -i am christian, and i ride for christ.
    check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
    member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
    just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
    there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
    ~jerrick-

  4. beeper

    beeper Guest

    Jerrick wrote:
    > One leg comes off the pedal, and rotates around the seat twice, right?

    You are correct, sir.

    The competition is on now. Good luck everyone.

    I cant ride today. Its so wet outside. I hope I can get it before
    wednesday. Im going away thursday.

    --
    beeper

    )-90'-UNISPIN-O

    'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)

  5. im in ive been getting close for a while:)

    --
    wheres_your_other_wheel

    JerryAttrick wrote:
    > Don't worry about your jewels. Once they've been worn away by the
    > saddle, you won't have to worry about them any more!:)

  6. Phil_on_uni

    Phil_on_uni Guest

  7. hobo_chuck

    hobo_chuck Guest

    I'm in.
    I get it around one and a half times and my foot ends up on the
    ground...
    out to go practise

    --
    hobo_chuck

    -"If there's one thing I would like to be remembered for it would be for
    passion and enthusiasm. Conservation is my job, my life, my whole
    being"-
    *~Steve Irwin*
    *The revolution has already begun.*

  8. hobo_chuck

    hobo_chuck Guest

    hobo_chuck wrote:
    > I'm in.
    > I get it around one and a half times and my foot ends up on the
    > ground...
    > out to go practise

    Never mind. Turns out I forgot how to do a single leg wrap over the
    winter, among other things. Til I get that back I'm out of the
    competition. Also my new cranks are kinda funky to stand on...

    --
    hobo_chuck

    -"If there's one thing I would like to be remembered for it would be for
    passion and enthusiasm. Conservation is my job, my life, my whole
    being"-
    *~Steve Irwin*
    *The revolution has already begun.*

  9. unibikeling

    unibikeling Guest

    gah.. i just got in from some trials, and i dont wanna do a leg wrap,
    since im really sweaty lol. I'm gonna eat some ice, then attempt to
    land on and get it on tape, if i get it on tape, i'll post it

    --
    unibikeling

    'Sixsixone.com - Great gear for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    Ducttape wrote:
    > Grrr! I think I may poo myself in Anger...

  10. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    Did it!

    Was infront of my house for 2 hours to get it. I was sweaty! Wooh! Not
    just like, one drip coming off the nose here and there, but I had about
    5 or 6 at a time dripping off my face.

    Ill be editing up the vid in a few mins.

    --
    Jerrick

    -i am christian, and i ride for christ.
    check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
    member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
    just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
    there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
    ~jerrick-

  11. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    _Ground_Zero_ wrote:
    > Gah, I guess I just gotta get 2nd or 3rd place then!

    Yep. =p Which is just as good. Im editing the vido up right now. May
    take a while, cause im making it look good lol.

    I was wishing the trick would take me 20mins to get, but I was out
    there for 2 hours. It was soo hot!

    --

  12. Jerrick wrote:
    > Yep. =p Which is just as good. Im editing the vido up right now. May
    > take a while, cause im making it look good lol.
    >
    > I was wishing the trick would take me 20mins to get, but I was out
    > there for 2 hours. It was soo hot!

    Really, I ALMOST got the mount down...But when I figure once I got the
    mount it will be really easy for me to get it down normally because
    that's how I learned single leg wraps...

    --
    _Ground_Zero_

    http://www.youtube.com/user/UniGroundZero
    'SixSixOne.com' (sixsixone.com)

    -Zero

  13. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    The trouble for me, was that I stand left foot forward, and my right leg
    is the leg that comes off and does the wrap. So a lot of time in the 2
    hours of trying I slid forward off the crank onto the pedal, or on the
    ground.

    If I stood on my back crank I would be more stable, and not naturally
    lean forward as much. But I couldnt do one with my left leg.

    I ended up getting out the Profile uni and used that for its wider
    q-factor and larger area to stand on with their nubs.

    Then went back to my KH for a bit and made it.

    --
    Jerrick

    -i am christian, and i ride for christ.
    check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
    member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
    just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
    there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
    ~jerrick-

  14. Haha, I just got the mount, I'm so proud of myself :)

    Tomorrow I'm gonna get better at the mount and landing single leg wraps
    and then go for it...It's gonna be interesting

    --
    _Ground_Zero_

    http://www.youtube.com/user/UniGroundZero
    'SixSixOne.com' (sixsixone.com)

    -Zero

  15. hobo_chuck

    hobo_chuck Guest

    landed a single, but going to go bc wheeling tomorrow so won't be
    working on this

    --
    hobo_chuck

    -"If there's one thing I would like to be remembered for it would be for
    passion and enthusiasm. Conservation is my job, my life, my whole
    being"-
    *~Steve Irwin*
    *The revolution has already begun.*

  16. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    'Here it is' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xqzw6Mhc6Fw). =p

    Some scenes may not make sense. I had a frend sitting on my stairs
    hanging out with me when I was practicing, so some gestures and stuff
    were directed towards him, and not edited out of the video. haha

    --
    Jerrick

    -i am christian, and i ride for christ.
    check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
    member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
    just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
    there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
    ~jerrick-

  17. Any Terrain

    Any Terrain Guest

  18. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    Kyle_Destroyer wrote:
    > Well, I wouldn't exactly call it clean, but you definitely landed it,
    > good job.

    Well, I wasnt expecting my first time of doing a trick to be perfect.
    =p

    Somehow it got tinted, which is weird. Ill load it again so its colored
    and easier to see.

    --
    Jerrick

    -i am christian, and i ride for