Re: double your speed

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Alan Holmes, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the bike, I took
    > it for a spin only to find I was bowling along at 40mph plus.

    Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer and a watch!

    Alan

    Tags:

  2. Al C-F

    Al C-F Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:49:58 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the bike, I took
    >> it for a spin only to find I was bowling along at 40mph plus.

    >Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer and a watch!

    Why do you care about distance? There are only a few occasions where
    it makes navigation easier.

    The rest of the time, enjoy the minutes and hours spent cycling and
    forget all this ego-enhancing obsession with distance and speed.
    --

    Cheers,

    Al

  3. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Alan Holmes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the bike, I took
    > > it for a spin only to find I was bowling along at 40mph plus.

    > Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer and a watch!

    Because it's a point of interest!
    And if by mileometer you mean one of those things that used to fit to a
    front drop-out and have a pawl attached to a spoke why bother when a
    computer is so much better (that's if they're even available).
    --
    Regards,
    Pete

  4. davek

    davek Guest

    Peter B:
    > Because it's a point of interest!

    I always used to think a computer was nothing more than a pointless gimmick
    until I was given one for a Christmas present. I still enjoy cycling just as
    much without one, but having the computer adds a whole extra dimension to my
    cycling experience.

    >why bother when a
    > computer is so much better (that's if they're even available).

    ....and probably cheaper.

    Being a luddite for reasons of snobbery is just perverse.

    d.