Re: Doubts cast on soy-based food

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Doug Lerner, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. Doug Lerner

    Doug Lerner Guest

    On 1/24/06 4:47 AM, in article [email protected],
    "Ignoramus19860" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Now the American Heart Association no longer thinks that soy is
    > particularly "heart friendly" after all, and finds that soy does not
    > "reduce cholesterol", as previously thought.
    >
    > In the eyes of AHA, the only good thing about soy is that it does not
    > contain the dreaded "saturated fat" and has "fiber and vitamins".

    I love edamame and eat them almost every day. They are great "nut
    replacements" and are low in calories, high in fiber and even relatively low
    in carbs, if you are into that.

    So it's a great diet food. I don't know about the other stuff. It couldn't
    hurt! :)

    doug