Re: Dove ads staring real women

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Steve Chaney, still taunting the happy fun ball, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. In <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    (Marcus M) wrote:

    >On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, "AJ Davenport" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>In case you haven't seen the ads yet, Dove is now marketing a "firming
    >>creame" which is supposed to reduce/eliminate the visabilty of
    >>"cellulite". Nothing radical, just a personal care company selling a
    >>product.
    >>
    >>The program started in the UK, is now in the US. The company's idea is
    >>simple, why show this product on women who presumably, do not need it
    >>it. That is, why try to sell a product by showing you an image of a
    >>woman so slender that she has very little/no visible body fat?
    >>
    >>Over the course of the last few weeks Dove has placed billboards in
    >>various cities. They show 6 women, in white panties and bras. The ad
    >>copy is here:
    >>http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/
    >>
    >>>From the website:

    >>" Firming the thighs of a size 2 supermodel is no challenge. Real
    >>Women have real bodies with real curves. "
    >>
    >>Each of the women has a unique look there are several races, body
    >>styles and lifestyles to look at. The picture is in diametric
    >>oposition to the vision of women that hollywood, high fashion, and
    >>music would have us worship.
    >>
    >>These women are NOT professional models but each shines with the joy of
    >>being a woman who loves herself.
    >>
    >>It is intersting to see people's reactions to these ads. There are
    >>people [sadly, mostly I fear, YOUNG, hetro boys] who see these women as
    >>fat. Not only fat , but obese. I look at this ad campaign and I see
    >>six women, who are infinately strong, loving and beautiful. Not each
    >>possesing of beauty because I look like them, but because I FEEL like
    >>them. I see real women, not because they are not the Hollywood
    >>ideal, not because they are close to me in size, but becuse, they see
    >>those attributes in themselves. We can all be who we want to be, we
    >>just have to live it.
    >>
    >>A little SELF ACCEPTANCE to keep us on topic.

    >You and the rest of the resident fat acceptors are morbidly obese. None of
    >these women in the Dave ad campaign are even close to being morbidly obese.
    >
    >Q. Do you know why there are no morbidly obese women in Dove's ad
    >campaign?
    >
    >A. Morbidly obese women are REAL PIGS.
    >
    >You could always lose 100 pounds and MAYBE make Dove's next ad campain.

    You could always gain 100 IQ points and MAYBE get accepted into special
    school.

    -- Steve
    º¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤º
    Steve Chaney
    [email protected]
    Remove "NRismykicktoy" to get my real email address

    "it must shock you that i respect jackie." - John Seiler

    See the soc.singles HALL OF STUPID: http://member.newsguy.com/~gunhed/hallofstupid

    "Too late he understood that when you mate with a black
    widow spider, you're on the menu tonight."
    - Crash Street Kidd, re: Jackie, Message-ID: <[email protected]>

    By forging me NR admits he is my puppet

    "Your personal information will continue to be propagated
    until someone puts an end to your miserable life.
    The worst is yet to come. Trust me." - Mike Cranston,

    ATTENTION, Tammy Chaney! The man who posted your home
    address and phone number online is known as Michael J
    Cranston. He has admitted to encouraging people to call
    and harass you in this post: <[email protected]>

    He can be reached at
    Mike Cranston
    6529 21st Avenue NW
    Seattle WA 98117
    (206) 783-5965

    He has a Washington State Bar ID: 16122
    You can look him up online at: http://pro.wsba.org/PublicView-Member.asp?Usr_ID=760292

    Mike Cranston is guilty of at least three federal offenses so
    far, and should immediately be reported to the FBI for interstate
    phone harassment, death threats, and encouraging people to harass
    you and/or your family.

    Here's how to contact the appropriate law enforcement agencies
    to seek justice:
    http://www.fbi.gov/contactus.htm
    http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/contactus
    http://www.sacpd.org/susp_rpt.html