Re: dry run to the markets

Patrick Lamb

Guest
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:00:25 -0700 (PDT), bob syr <[email protected]>
wrote:
>Bike: Sun Retro-Alloy Cruiser. It’s a 3-speed with coaster brakes.
>Today I took a dry run to the grocers and mall where I'll do most of
>my shopping. There is one hill of which I still can’t get to the
>top. I’d like to stand up to pedal, but I’m still quite large and I’m
>afraid my chain will break.

I don't know what your rear hub is, but I'd worry about the hub more
than the chain. I destroyed a Sturmey-Archer 3-speed hub some years
ago climbing steep hills, when I was much lighter. Never had a
problem with the chain.

Pat.
Email address works as is.