Re: Easy question about technical clothing (THANKS PENNY)

Guest
Penny,

Thanks for such a great reply. Unfortunately, I got it *after* I posted my "MORE THOUGHTS" post.
I'm glad I found the resident expert. (Sorry about the double-post, this is my first crack at my Usenet client).

I guess it boils down to personal preference.
One person had suggested that the *fit* of the garment is also important. You can't compare a loose-fitting
cotton T to a fitted synth top. So perhaps I will run my mid-day heat test again. This time, comparing apples
to apples to see if the synth really does help keep me cooler than cotton after the run.

In your expert opinion, would you say there pros/cons to wearing a loose synth compared to a skin-tight one?
Remember, the goal here is to keep *cool*, not to stay warm.

Thanks again.

[email protected] wrote:
> Penny,
>
> Thanks for such a great reply. Unfortunately, I got it *after* I
> posted my "MORE THOUGHTS" post. I'm glad I found the resident expert.
> (Sorry about the double-post, this is my first crack at my Usenet
> client).
>
> I guess it boils down to personal preference.
> One person had suggested that the *fit* of the garment is also
> important. You can't compare a loose-fitting cotton T to a fitted
> synth top. So perhaps I will run my mid-day heat test again. This
> time, comparing apples to apples to see if the synth really does help
> keep me cooler than cotton after the run.
>
> In your expert opinion, would you say there pros/cons to wearing a
> loose synth compared to a skin-tight one? Remember, the goal here is
> to keep *cool*, not to stay warm.
>
> Thanks again.

not skin tight, ouch. you want ciruculation to promote evaporation and
cooling.

Penny S

--
Specialty Outdoors
Modification & Repair of Outdoor Gear & Clothing