Re: Ed Dolan on Ed Dolan

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Edward Dolan, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> For those of you have yet to visit this link, do so ...
    >> http://www.ed.dolan.youaremighty.com
    >>
    >> I have submitted for your enjoyment my take on Ed Dolan.....
    >>
    >> Ed Dolan has conspicuously demonstrated that he is consumed by an
    >> unrestrained and enormously distended sense of self-importance. He is
    >> ARBR's self-anointed apotheosis, a quintessential legend in his own
    >> mind ... the consummate conundrum ... a complex amalgam of absurd
    >> contradiction ... one who maintains an opinion of himself far beyond
    >> the opinion that others will ever have of him ... an incongruous,
    >> emotionally-challenged, bigoted, egomaniacal misanthrope who is in dire
    >> need of a therapist.
    >>
    >> The gap between Ed and reality is immense and insurmountable. Just
    >> listen to what the man says of himself for what he intimates is very
    >> telling. He professes to have attained spiritual fulfillment by
    >> abnegating contact with others, in effect rejecting his humankind's
    >> collective communal consciousness.
    >>
    >> Often, in disdain, Ed has avowed his cerebral transcendence over all of
    >> ARBR's subscribers, pretentiously extolling his fanaticized
    >> preeminence. For the sake of argument, humor Ed in his delusional
    >> state and consider this. There is an inherent human desire to be
    >> recognized by one's peers, but Ed contends that he has no peers.
    >> Consequently, the very recognition that Ed demands is circumvented by
    >> his own arrogance. Nonetheless, in utter contradiction, he perseveres
    >> in his insatiable crusade to be heard by those who seemingly matter
    >> not. Is this not just a bit incongruous?
    >>
    >> The pompous Ed Dolan subscribes to the mistaken impression that the
    >> readership savors his every word whereas in reality the only person who
    >> values what the man says is the many saying it. Ed is a pedant who is
    >> enraptured be his own vacuous gibberish. With no one worthy of his
    >> companionship, the sanctimonious hermit has little more than ARBR from
    >> which to derive meaning in his life. ARBR has assumed an exaggerated
    >> prominence in Ed's hierarchical order of relevance. ARBR has emerged
    >> as the source from which he garners his sense of accomplishment and
    >> self-esteem. Regardless of Ed's expressed opinion of the ARBR
    >> readership, without the lifeblood of the ARBR audience to sustain him,
    >> Ed has nothing and is nothing. What a pathetic shallow existence.
    >> Pity the misguided fool. It must really suck to be him.
    >>
    >> Jim McNamara
    >>

    > Let me wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes yet again. Of course that
    > would have been funnier if it were created by the person it were poking
    > fun at.
    >
    > Ken

    Way too wordy Ken - and it is totally lacking in any genuine directness. But
    that is the trade mark of jimmymac. He has been bamboozled by dictionaries
    and thesauruses. It is what those who lack a real education substitute for
    it. jimmymac is not unintelligent, but he lacks perspective. Most of all, he
    lacks a voice of his own. Very sad, but there is just no way you can make up
    for a lack of genuine education.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  2. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> [email protected] wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> For those of you have yet to visit this link, do so ...
    >>> http://www.ed.dolan.youaremighty.com
    >>>
    >>> I have submitted for your enjoyment my take on Ed Dolan.....
    >>>
    >>> Ed Dolan has conspicuously demonstrated that he is consumed by an
    >>> unrestrained and enormously distended sense of self-importance. He is
    >>> ARBR's self-anointed apotheosis, a quintessential legend in his own
    >>> mind ... the consummate conundrum ... a complex amalgam of absurd
    >>> contradiction ... one who maintains an opinion of himself far beyond
    >>> the opinion that others will ever have of him ... an incongruous,
    >>> emotionally-challenged, bigoted, egomaniacal misanthrope who is in dire
    >>> need of a therapist.

    All tongue in cheek - you nincompoop!

    >>> The gap between Ed and reality is immense and insurmountable. Just
    >>> listen to what the man says of himself for what he intimates is very
    >>> telling. He professes to have attained spiritual fulfillment by
    >>> abnegating contact with others, in effect rejecting his humankind's
    >>> collective communal consciousness.

    All tongue in cheek - you nincompoop!

    >>> Often, in disdain, Ed has avowed his cerebral transcendence over all of
    >>> ARBR's subscribers, pretentiously extolling his fanaticized
    >>> preeminence. For the sake of argument, humor Ed in his delusional
    >>> state and consider this. There is an inherent human desire to be
    >>> recognized by one's peers, but Ed contends that he has no peers.
    >>> Consequently, the very recognition that Ed demands is circumvented by
    >>> his own arrogance. Nonetheless, in utter contradiction, he perseveres
    >>> in his insatiable crusade to be heard by those who seemingly matter
    >>> not. Is this not just a bit incongruous?

    All tongue in cheek - you nincompoop!

    >>> The pompous Ed Dolan subscribes to the mistaken impression that the
    >>> readership savors his every word whereas in reality the only person who
    >>> values what the man says is the many saying it. Ed is a pedant who is
    >>> enraptured be his own vacuous gibberish. With no one worthy of his
    >>> companionship, the sanctimonious hermit has little more than ARBR from
    >>> which to derive meaning in his life. ARBR has assumed an exaggerated
    >>> prominence in Ed's hierarchical order of relevance. ARBR has emerged
    >>> as the source from which he garners his sense of accomplishment and
    >>> self-esteem. Regardless of Ed's expressed opinion of the ARBR
    >>> readership, without the lifeblood of the ARBR audience to sustain him,
    >>> Ed has nothing and is nothing. What a pathetic shallow existence.
    >>> Pity the misguided fool. It must really suck to be him.

    All tongue in cheek - you nincompoop!

    Jim McNamara is just about the funniest fellow I have ever encountered. How
    to account for his tone deafness?

    I attribute it to envy of the educated. He writes as though he is pulling
    words out of a dictionary of synonyms and antonyms. Let's face it, no one
    but no one writes like he does. Not even he does. It just reeks of falseness
    through and through. Jim has no voice of his own. He is a carbon man, one
    who imitates what he thinks is educated.

    The most pathetic aspect of Jim is his earnestness. It is a mistake that he
    makes with every antagonist he has ever taken on. He made a fool of himself
    with Tom Sherman and even Ed Gin, who was a scum bucket of the first
    magnitude. He knows words, but he does not know how they fit together. He is
    unable to extract the meanings that are being expressed, however
    inexpertly, by those who write to ARBR.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  3. NYC XYZ

    NYC XYZ Guest

    Hey, *I* want one!

    ROTFLMAFO!!!!!!!!!!

    > "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > [email protected] wrote:
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> For those of you have yet to visit this link, do so ...
    > >> http://www.ed.dolan.youaremighty.com
    > >>
    > >> I have submitted for your enjoyment my take on Ed Dolan.....
    > >>
    > >> Ed Dolan has conspicuously demonstrated that he is consumed by an
    > >> unrestrained and enormously distended sense of self-importance. He is
    > >> ARBR's self-anointed apotheosis, a quintessential legend in his own
    > >> mind ... the consummate conundrum ... a complex amalgam of absurd
    > >> contradiction ... one who maintains an opinion of himself far beyond
    > >> the opinion that others will ever have of him ... an incongruous,
    > >> emotionally-challenged, bigoted, egomaniacal misanthrope who is in dire
    > >> need of a therapist.
    > >>
    > >> The gap between Ed and reality is immense and insurmountable. Just
    > >> listen to what the man says of himself for what he intimates is very
    > >> telling. He professes to have attained spiritual fulfillment by
    > >> abnegating contact with others, in effect rejecting his humankind's
    > >> collective communal consciousness.
    > >>
    > >> Often, in disdain, Ed has avowed his cerebral transcendence over all of
    > >> ARBR's subscribers, pretentiously extolling his fanaticized
    > >> preeminence. For the sake of argument, humor Ed in his delusional
    > >> state and consider this. There is an inherent human desire to be
    > >> recognized by one's peers, but Ed contends that he has no peers.
    > >> Consequently, the very recognition that Ed demands is circumvented by
    > >> his own arrogance. Nonetheless, in utter contradiction, he perseveres
    > >> in his insatiable crusade to be heard by those who seemingly matter
    > >> not. Is this not just a bit incongruous?
    > >>
    > >> The pompous Ed Dolan subscribes to the mistaken impression that the
    > >> readership savors his every word whereas in reality the only person who
    > >> values what the man says is the many saying it. Ed is a pedant who is
    > >> enraptured be his own vacuous gibberish. With no one worthy of his
    > >> companionship, the sanctimonious hermit has little more than ARBR from
    > >> which to derive meaning in his life. ARBR has assumed an exaggerated
    > >> prominence in Ed's hierarchical order of relevance. ARBR has emerged
    > >> as the source from which he garners his sense of accomplishment and
    > >> self-esteem. Regardless of Ed's expressed opinion of the ARBR
    > >> readership, without the lifeblood of the ARBR audience to sustain him,
    > >> Ed has nothing and is nothing. What a pathetic shallow existence.
    > >> Pity the misguided fool. It must really suck to be him.
    > >>
    > >> Jim McNamara
    > >>

    > > Let me wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes yet again. Of course that
    > > would have been funnier if it were created by the person it were poking
    > > fun at.
    > >
    > > Ken

  4. JimmyMac

    JimmyMac Guest

    Readers,

    Ed knows nothing of my level of education or my intelligence. I am not
    deficient in either. I'll not apologize for being articulate. I pity
    Ed for his inability to comprehend his mother tongue despite having
    once been a librarian.

    Jim McNamara

  5. JimmyMac

    JimmyMac Guest

    Ed,

    Even though English is your mother tongue and you were once a
    librarian, you were under no obligation to apologize for your inability
    to comprehend the written word.

    Jim

  6. JimmyMac wrote:
    > Ed,
    >
    > Even though English is your mother tongue and you were once a
    > librarian, you were under no obligation to apologize for your inability
    > to comprehend the written word.
    >
    > Jim

    Jim,

    He most likely failed as a librarian because of his inability to
    comprehend the written word. Comprehension is something Ed totally
    lacks. He's merely an educated moron.

    Enjoy,

    Perry B

  7. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

    > Readers,
    >
    > Ed knows nothing of my level of education or my intelligence. I am not
    > deficient in either. I'll not apologize for being articulate. I pity
    > Ed for his inability to comprehend his mother tongue despite having
    > once been a librarian.
    >
    > Jim McNamara

    Jim mistakes wordiness for good writing (although the above was well
    written). The only correction for it is to immerse yourself in great
    literature. Relying on dictionaries of synonyms and antonyms is what the
    ill-educated do so as to make up for their deficiencies. Unfortunately for
    him, I can see clear through that sort of thing. However, there are other
    bozos here on ARBR who obviously can't. It greatly amuses me to see one
    clown being appreciated by other clowns for all the wrong reasons.

    By the way, the only good writer here on ARBR, besides myself of course, is
    Tom Sherman. Lately he has decided to become nothing but a ghost making
    cryptic comments which no one understands. But even when he is writing
    nonsense, he still writes it correctly and in good form. He is never wordy
    like Jim is.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  8. ALL WHO SHOUT THAT TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS, ARE THEMSELVES IDIOTS!

    Readers,

    Since Ed Dolan is often guilty of monotonous, vacuous verbosity
    (repetitive, meaningless wordiness) then by his own definition, Ed
    Dolan writes rather poorly. In typical contradiction of his own
    premise, mistakes brevity for good writing. One who cannot read and
    comprehend the written word cannot possibly differentiate good writing
    from bad.

    As concerns mistakes, Ed still believes that his opinion actually
    matters. Care to start a few polls Ed? Here are a few suggestions.
    I'm certain other members of the readership could append to the list,
    but I thought I'd get the ball rolling:

    Ed Dolan is GREAT
    Ed Dolan is a TROLL
    Ed Dolan is normal
    Ed Dolan is in need of a therapist
    Ed Dolan's opinion matters
    Ed Dolan is my intellectual superior
    Ed Dolan is a nuisance
    Ed Dolan should vacate ARBR and other newsgroups permanently

    Simple Yes and No answers will suffice.

    Jim McNamara

    Edward Dolan wrote:
    > "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
    >
    > > Readers,
    > >
    > > Ed knows nothing of my level of education or my intelligence. I am not
    > > deficient in either. I'll not apologize for being articulate. I pity
    > > Ed for his inability to comprehend his mother tongue despite having
    > > once been a librarian.
    > >
    > > Jim McNamara

    > Jim mistakes wordiness for good writing (although the above was well
    > written). The only correction for it is to immerse yourself in great
    > literature. Relying on dictionaries of synonyms and antonyms is what the
    > ill-educated do so as to make up for their deficiencies. Unfortunately for
    > him, I can see clear through that sort of thing. However, there are other
    > bozos here on ARBR who obviously can't. It greatly amuses me to see one
    > clown being appreciated by other clowns for all the wrong reasons.
    >
    > By the way, the only good writer here on ARBR, besides myself of course, is
    > Tom Sherman. Lately he has decided to become nothing but a ghost making
    > cryptic comments which no one understands. But even when he is writing
    > nonsense, he still writes it correctly and in good form. He is never wordy
    > like Jim is.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    > aka
    > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  9. JimmyMac

    JimmyMac Guest

    Ken,

    Understand that Ed is English challenged and finds deciphering his
    mother tongue to be a trying exercise. If he understood what was
    written, he would certainly find it to be very direct and genuinely so.
    Ed accuses me of a lack of education. I can assure you that I am not
    lacking in education. Ed knows nothing of my educational background.
    Then again, not being well versed in the subject matter has never
    served as a deterrent to the GRATE one. He accuses be of feigning
    education through the use of dictionaries and thesauruses. These are
    tools, which the ex-librarian should be familiar with refuses to make
    use of. If he were to do so, perhaps then he would be able to
    comprehend what I write. I'll not apologize for being articulate.

    Jim McNamara

    Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
    > >>
    > >> Jim McNamara
    > >>

    > > Let me wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes yet again. Of course that
    > > would have been funnier if it were created by the person it were poking
    > > fun at.
    > >
    > > Ken

    > Way too wordy Ken - and it is totally lacking in any genuine directness. But
    > that is the trade mark of jimmymac. He has been bamboozled by dictionaries
    > and thesauruses. It is what those who lack a real education substitute for
    > it. jimmymac is not unintelligent, but he lacks perspective. Most of all, he
    > lacks a voice of his own. Very sad, but there is just no way you can make up
    > for a lack of genuine education.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    > aka
    > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  10. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

    > ALL WHO SHOUT THAT TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS, ARE THEMSELVES IDIOTS!
    >
    > Readers,

    It is not necessary to address your post to 'readers'. That can be assumed.

    > Since Ed Dolan is often guilty of monotonous, vacuous verbosity
    > (repetitive, meaningless wordiness) then by his own definition, Ed
    > Dolan writes rather poorly. In typical contradiction of his own
    > premise, mistakes brevity for good writing. One who cannot read and
    > comprehend the written word cannot possibly differentiate good writing
    > from bad.

    Jim writes very badly. No doubt he always has and always will. Has no one
    ever told him this?

    > As concerns mistakes, Ed still believes that his opinion actually
    > matters. Care to start a few polls Ed? Here are a few suggestions.
    > I'm certain other members of the readership could append to the list,
    > but I thought I'd get the ball rolling:
    >
    > Ed Dolan is GREAT
    > Ed Dolan is a TROLL
    > Ed Dolan is normal
    > Ed Dolan is in need of a therapist
    > Ed Dolan's opinion matters
    > Ed Dolan is my intellectual superior
    > Ed Dolan is a nuisance
    > Ed Dolan should vacate ARBR and other newsgroups permanently
    >
    > Simple Yes and No answers will suffice.

    Here is just one question concerning Jim McNamara: Is he a nut? Or does not
    the above screed provide its own answer.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  11. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ken,
    >
    > Understand that Ed is English challenged and finds deciphering his
    > mother tongue to be a trying exercise. If he understood what was
    > written, he would certainly find it to be very direct and genuinely so.
    > Ed accuses me of a lack of education. I can assure you that I am not
    > lacking in education. Ed knows nothing of my educational background.
    > Then again, not being well versed in the subject matter has never
    > served as a deterrent to the GRATE one. He accuses be of feigning
    > education through the use of dictionaries and thesauruses. These are
    > tools, which the ex-librarian should be familiar with refuses to make
    > use of. If he were to do so, perhaps then he would be able to
    > comprehend what I write. I'll not apologize for being articulate.

    Am I having episodes of deja vu or did I not already read the above
    previously?

    The fact is that Jim badly needs a course in freshman compostion. Either
    that, or a permanent editor. But where to begin. No, his ignorance is
    unconquerable. After all he is 60 and we are not going to be able to teach
    an old dog like him any new tricks.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  12. JimmyMac

    JimmyMac Guest

    Readers,

    In this particular context, su generis means a singular example, its
    own class, unique ... a description that aptly describes both Ed
    Dolon's posts and its author ... Ed Dolan, to some degree. A sui
    generis post is one that is disjointed with no continuity, one
    unrelated or linked to the countless others of the numero uno prolific
    one. The many self-contradictory posts cannot simply be explained
    aware with the twisted logic offered up here in rebuttal. What we have
    here is just so much hooey ... a conglomeration of fiddle-faddle. Lets
    see now, Ed would have us take him seriously and at his word, but a
    week later, when he contradicts himself we should be prepared to again
    take him seriously and at his word even though the current Dolan wisdom
    stands in direct contradiction to Dolan wisdom of a week prior. To
    think that Ed Dolan considers himself to be the definitive orator on
    ARBR. Sorry, but I just can't take anyone seriously that is this
    whimsical and fickle especially someone who then offers such
    insufficient excuse for his contradictory expression of opinion. Ed,
    is this the best you could do? I expected better from you.

    Not that I care, but reading between the line, it would appear that
    along with Tom and Scott, I too would be considered a worthy adversary
    provided I played by Ed's rules and agreed to his terms. Allow me to
    reiterate, Ed. You are not the ARBR administrator. Nor are you Hoyle.
    You do not make the rules around here. Nor do I feel obligated to
    dance to your music. I'd prefer to be known as the non-conforming
    antagonist who has no intention of becoming the next Tom or Scott.

    Speaking of gibberish. I have yet to encounter anyone who repeats the
    same monotonous drivel so consistently. Do you have an ARBR repository
    of boilerplate pet phrases that you just cut and paste, post after post
    .... criminal vandal Troll is just one of many that come to mind.

    As concerns your suggestion that I must learn to bottom post. I said
    this before, but it has yet to sink in. I will top post just to
    aggravate you. If anyone needs to learn something, it's you. You need
    to get this through you thick skull. I neither value your opinion nor
    will I ever take direction from you. I'm trying to teach and old DOG
    new tricks here, but the old DOG is a very slow learner.

    Another thing ... getting anywhere with you was never a journey or a
    destination that was on my agenda. Neither you nor ARBR ever were or
    ever will be significant in my life. Sorry to disappoint.

    Jim McNamara

  13. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

    > Readers,

    Anyone seeing this post will be a reader. It is not necessary for you to
    address them anymore than it is necessary for you to address me. Do you have
    even an elementary understanding of how Usenet works. It seems you are
    confusing Usenet with email. Try to get up to speed, why don't you?

    > In this particular context, su generis means a singular example, its
    > own class, unique ... a description that aptly describes both Ed
    > Dolon's posts and its author ... Ed Dolan, to some degree. A sui
    > generis post is one that is disjointed with no continuity, one
    > unrelated or linked to the countless others of the numero uno prolific
    > one. The many self-contradictory posts cannot simply be explained
    > aware with the twisted logic offered up here in rebuttal. What we have
    > here is just so much hooey ... a conglomeration of fiddle-faddle.
    >
    >Lets see now, Ed would have us take him seriously and at his word, but a
    > week later, when he contradicts himself we should be prepared to again
    > take him seriously and at his word even though the current Dolan wisdom
    > stands in direct contradiction to Dolan wisdom of a week prior. To
    > think that Ed Dolan considers himself to be the definitive orator on
    > ARBR. Sorry, but I just can't take anyone seriously that is this
    > whimsical and fickle especially someone who then offers such
    > insufficient excuse for his contradictory expression of opinion. Ed,
    > is this the best you could do? I expected better from you.

    Every post is sui generis with me. It is my way of giving everyone an even
    break. In other words, I do not hold one's previous idiocies against him.
    You can start fresh with me with every post. It is all part of my
    magnanimity and my noblesse oblige to my inferiors.

    Usenet is not for scholars. It is for idiots. Therefore, to resurrect
    has ever gone into any messages in the first place. It is only small minds
    who want to resurrect previous messages. Jon Meinecke is notorious for this
    too, which is why I hold him in such contempt.

    I assure you if I were writing for the ages, I would be very careful indeed
    what I write. But I know I am writing for idiots, and so everything is
    perfectly OK. But in any event all messages have a context which is being
    universally ignored by those who attempt to resurrect them. Jim does not
    have a clue about what constitutes honest scholarship. This is why I will
    not bother with anything I have previously said on any newsgroup.

    > Not that I care, but reading between the line, it would appear that
    > along with Tom and Scott, I too would be considered a worthy adversary
    > provided I played by Ed's rules and agreed to his terms. Allow me to
    > reiterate, Ed. You are not the ARBR administrator. Nor are you Hoyle.
    > You do not make the rules around here. Nor do I feel obligated to
    > dance to your music. I'd prefer to be known as the non-conforming
    > antagonist who has no intention of becoming the next Tom or Scott.

    Just stay away from all that wordiness that so entrances you. Trust me on
    this, only the ill-educated resort to those kind of shenanigans. They only
    impress the similarly ill-educated. Ed Gin, who as you know I regard as the
    world's foremost scum bucket, knew how to write better than you because he
    had an authentic voice. Never use words that you have to look up. It will
    ring false every time.

    > Speaking of gibberish. I have yet to encounter anyone who repeats the
    > same monotonous drivel so consistently. Do you have an ARBR repository
    > of boilerplate pet phrases that you just cut and paste, post after post
    > ... criminal vandal Troll is just one of many that come to mind.

    I am establishing my persona by using certain phrases over and over. It will
    mark me as a unique individual which everyone will immediately recognize -
    and maybe love! After all, why not - since I am infinitely lovable.

    > As concerns your suggestion that I must learn to bottom post. I said
    > this before, but it has yet to sink in. I will top post just to
    > aggravate you. If anyone needs to learn something, it's you. You need
    > to get this through you thick skull. I neither value your opinion nor
    > will I ever take direction from you. I'm trying to teach and old DOG
    > new tricks here, but the old DOG is a very slow learner.

    If you simply top post without referencing the previous message that you are
    responding to, then I will not spend much time on you. After all, I am not
    writing to just you, I am writing to the group and I want them to understand
    what is being said. We have already done email, now let us do Usenet. Usenet
    is not email. They are as different as night and day.

    > Another thing ... getting anywhere with you was never a journey or a
    > destination that was on my agenda. Neither you nor ARBR ever were or
    > ever will be significant in my life. Sorry to disappoint.

    See, because you have not properly bottom posted, no one knows what you are
    talking about. Since that is the case, I will not bother to answer you as I
    want to talk to the group, not just you.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

    PS. It is characters like Jim that make me appreciate Tom Sherman all the
    more. No matter how pissed off we ever got at one another, he stayed true to
    the form of Usenet. He did not take short cuts to make cheap points. I am
    not going to put up with much more top posting from Jim (he did not even
    include any of my post that he was responding to). He can either get it
    right or I will treat him very badly indeed. In other words, I will go into
    a screed with him like he does with me.

  14. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > JimmyMac wrote:
    >> Ed,
    >>
    >> Even though English is your mother tongue and you were once a
    >> librarian, you were under no obligation to apologize for your inability
    >> to comprehend the written word.

    > He most likely failed as a librarian because of his inability to
    > comprehend the written word. Comprehension is something Ed totally
    > lacks. He's merely an educated moron.

    Because I do not choose to respond to every idiotic question that is put to
    me does not mean that I do not understand what is going on. Au contraire, I
    understand perfectly all the envy that is constantly swirling about me by my
    inferiors like Perry Butler. He is a public high school teacher and has been
    rendered stupid by his pupils. But I don't blame him much for this. Anyone
    who associates too much with teenagers is going to be rendered stupid.

    I have read the entire unabridged Edward Gibbon's "The Decline and Fall of
    the Roman Empire" and also Arnold Toynbee's complete unabridged "A Study of
    History". So, there is simply no question at all that I am not only smart
    but that I border on brilliant. I will admit these works are so well written
    that anyone could read them who is literate, but the problem is who has the
    time to read them. These works run to many volumes and take many months and
    even years to read.

    In the meantime, poor Perry Butler is trying to pound some elementary
    knowledge into his high school pupils. I would like to treat Perry to a
    glass of vino some day as he is doing something I could never do and yet it
    is necessary that someone do it. All I ask is that high school teachers not
    compare themselves to college librarians. After all, it is the difference
    between night and day.

  15. Edward Dolan wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > JimmyMac wrote:
    > >> Ed,
    > >>
    > >> Even though English is your mother tongue and you were once a
    > >> librarian, you were under no obligation to apologize for your inability
    > >> to comprehend the written word.

    > > He most likely failed as a librarian because of his inability to
    > > comprehend the written word. Comprehension is something Ed totally
    > > lacks. He's merely an educated moron.

    > All I ask is that high school teachers not
    > compare themselves to college librarians. After all, it is the difference
    > between night and day.

    Eddie, Eddie, Eddie,

    Again, you failed to comprehend. You may be able to read but you lack
    the intelligence to comprehend what is important in the material you
    read. Where did I imply that I am or compare myself to a college
    librarian? Again, you lack the intelligence to comprehend.

    Comprehend the following: Some people had careers as college
    librarians. You did NOT have a career as a college librarian. "After
    all, it is the difference between night and day."

    There is a massive difference between you and I.
    What I did in my lifetime will be carried on for generations.
    What you did (LOL) will be...................forgotten.

    Ed, you are an insult to college librarians! You had NO career as a
    college librarian. You are merely an educated moron.

    Enjoy,

    Perry B

  16. Perry,

    Little did Aristotole know that when he difined wit as educated
    insolence that he would be describing Ed Dolan. Put a "T" in front of
    it and you have a synonym, for Ed Dolan is indeed a TWIT!!!

    Jim McNamara

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > > > He most likely failed as a librarian because of his inability to
    > > > comprehend the written word. Comprehension is something Ed totally
    > > > lacks. He's merely an educated moron.

    > > All I ask is that high school teachers not
    > > compare themselves to college librarians. After all, it is the difference
    > > between night and day.

    > Eddie, Eddie, Eddie,
    >
    > Again, you failed to comprehend. You may be able to read but you lack
    > the intelligence to comprehend what is important in the material you
    > read. Where did I imply that I am or compare myself to a college
    > librarian? Again, you lack the intelligence to comprehend.
    >
    > Comprehend the following: Some people had careers as college
    > librarians. You did NOT have a career as a college librarian. "After
    > all, it is the difference between night and day."
    >
    > There is a massive difference between you and I.
    > What I did in my lifetime will be carried on for generations.
    > What you did (LOL) will be...................forgotten.
    >
    > Ed, you are an insult to college librarians! You had NO career as a
    > college librarian. You are merely an educated moron.
    >
    > Enjoy,
    >
    > Perry B

  17. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    [...]
    >> All I ask is that high school teachers not
    >> compare themselves to college librarians. After all, it is the difference
    >> between night and day.

    > Eddie, Eddie, Eddie,
    >
    > Again, you failed to comprehend. You may be able to read but you lack
    > the intelligence to comprehend what is important in the material you
    > read. Where did I imply that I am or compare myself to a college
    > librarian? Again, you lack the intelligence to comprehend.
    >
    > Comprehend the following: Some people had careers as college
    > librarians. You did NOT have a career as a college librarian. "After
    > all, it is the difference between night and day."

    Who is talking about careers? I did not have to do something for 40 years to
    know that it was not for me. A few years is more than enough to know that I
    am far, far better than any miserable job. Too bad you did no discover that
    until you are ready to drop into the grave.

    > There is a massive difference between you and I.
    > What I did in my lifetime will be carried on for generations.
    > What you did (LOL) will be...................forgotten.

    What you did or didn't do does not matter in the slightest to anyone. All of
    your pupils I am sure consider you a jerk. God, what an idiot!

    > Ed, you are an insult to college librarians! You had NO career as a
    > college librarian. You are merely an educated moron.

    Perry is the ultimate smug person who is pleased with himself. No matter how
    much I tell him how wretched he is, he will not believe me. After all, he
    can't have wasted his life on freaking kids, can he?

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  18. JimmyMac

    JimmyMac Guest

    Ed,

    At Loyola University, English 101 (Composition) was considered a flunk
    out course. Written papers were graded harshly. Every misspelling,
    punctuation and grammatical error was worth a full grade reduction. In
    other words, a paper that started out with a grade of B, that had one
    spelling error, one grammatical error and one punctuation error was
    graded and F. I had no difficulty making the grade. Sorry to
    disappoint.

    You are well versed in being an old dog being quite my senior. I
    suspect that you were old before your time and at age 30 were far
    older than I am at 60.

    By the way this was a test and you passed. I'll stop repeating myself
    if you will. Little danger there. You simply can't help yourself.

    JimMcNamara

  19. JimmyMac

    JimmyMac Guest

    Ed,

    You read, and comprehend poorly and write only marginally better. In
    answer to your question. I have been told that I write badly only
    twice, by you and by Tom Sherman. You two have this peculiar love/hate
    relationship going that has been played out over the years in your
    cosmic cyber-skirmishes. Sorry, but I value neither of your opinions.

    I have been told countless times that I write well, even by published
    authors. Before I retired, I did much technical writing in the
    computing arena. I have also had several articles published in
    newspapers and magazines. I have often been prevailed upon others to
    write for them or to finesse what they have already written. You
    needn't call my writing skills into question any further. Your
    insults fall on deaf ears.

    Jim McNamara

  20. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ed,
    >
    > At Loyola University, English 101 (Composition) was considered a flunk
    > out course. Written papers were graded harshly. Every misspelling,
    > punctuation and grammatical error was worth a full grade reduction. In
    > other words, a paper that started out with a grade of B, that had one
    > spelling error, one grammatical error and one punctuation error was
    > graded and F. I had no difficulty making the grade. Sorry to
    > disappoint.

    There is more to good writing than grammar, spelling and punctuation. A
    good English teacher will move on from the basics and get into how to
    construct your thoughts and how those thoughts are to be expressed. It is a
    very intensive kind of instruction and a good composition teacher is worth
    his weight in gold.

    I remember a friend of mine at college. He took a course in writing (not
    compostion). He had to write a sort of short story (novella). It was the
    hardest thing he had ever done in his life. But I think that it is the sort
    of course that can really improve one's writng as well as one's thinking. I
    was much too cowardly to ever take such a course, but I wish I had.

    I have been a reader all of my life, but reading does not do much if
    anything for one's writing. If you want to write well, you must do it. There
    is no substitute for it.

    Words are magical to me. It is impossible to even have thoughts without
    words. I know so many people who do not bother to attach words to anything.
    They remain forever like dumb animals because of it.

    > You are well versed in being an old dog being quite my senior. I
    > suspect that you were old before your time and at age 30 were far
    > older than I am at 60.

    It is marriage and the drudgery of a job that ages everyone before their
    time. If you stay single and free from the drudgery of work, it seems you
    remain a perpetual juvenile in some respects.

    > By the way this was a test and you passed. I'll stop repeating myself
    > if you will. Little danger there. You simply can't help yourself.

    I pretty much tailor my messages to whomever and whatever I am responding
    to. A stupid person will tend to drag me down to his level and a bright
    person will tend to raise me to his level. Guess which type I am most often
    confronted with here on these newsgroups?