Re: Ed Dolan

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do you ride at all or just preach?
> Most of us who ride are in better shape at or near 60 than when we were in
> our 30's. Where are you in all this? A 20 something blow hard or a 60
> something couch potato who knows how to write e-mail on a group?
> I plan to live past 100 and spending too much time on this group answering
> silly posts does not contribute to that goal, riding, running, and not
> acting my age does. I'm 57, sometimes act 13, but my doctor can't believe
> my health either since I run my grandkids into the ground when they choose
> to tag along.
> Do something, don't just talk about it.
> Bill

So why the hell wasn't this posted also to ARBR? Everyone should know by now
that that is where I am mainly at.

Bill should act his age and not pretend to be young when he clearly isn't.
That is the shortest route to an early death that I know of. Bill already
has one foot in the grave and a slight nudge will send him all the way there
to his eternal perdition.

At 57 Bill has only a few more years to live at best. But hey, just keep on
running and cycling and maybe Old Man Death won't be able to catch you! But
I surely wouldn't count on that. Somehow, Old Man Death has never yet
overlooked a single person who has ever lived.

I grow old . I grow old .
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

T.S. Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. A post from the Great Ed Dolan is never silly, but is of the greatest
profundity. Look on my posts and despair - all you midgets and dwarfs of RBM
and ARBR!

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Do you ride at all or just preach?
>>Most of us who ride are in better shape at or near 60 than when we were in
>>our 30's. Where are you in all this? A 20 something blow hard or a 60
>>something couch potato who knows how to write e-mail on a group?
>>I plan to live past 100 and spending too much time on this group answering
>>silly posts does not contribute to that goal, riding, running, and not
>>acting my age does. I'm 57, sometimes act 13, but my doctor can't believe
>>my health either since I run my grandkids into the ground when they choose
>>to tag along.
>>Do something, don't just talk about it.
>>Bill

> Bill should act his age and not pretend to be young when he clearly isn't.
> That is the shortest route to an early death that I know of. Bill already
> has one foot in the grave and a slight nudge will send him all the way there
> to his eternal perdition.

Ed, I could be 90 and still be younger than you physically and mentally.

> At 57 Bill has only a few more years to live at best.

Only 50 or 60 more.

But hey, just keep on
> running and cycling and maybe Old Man Death won't be able to catch you! But
> I surely wouldn't count on that. Somehow, Old Man Death has never yet
> overlooked a single person who has ever lived.

I feel sorry for one with such an old man mind set.

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>Do you ride at all or just preach?
>>>Most of us who ride are in better shape at or near 60 than when we were
>>>in our 30's. Where are you in all this? A 20 something blow hard or a 60
>>>something couch potato who knows how to write e-mail on a group?
>>>I plan to live past 100 and spending too much time on this group
>>>answering silly posts does not contribute to that goal, riding, running,
>>>and not acting my age does. I'm 57, sometimes act 13, but my doctor can't
>>>believe my health either since I run my grandkids into the ground when
>>>they choose to tag along.
>>>Do something, don't just talk about it.
>>>Bill

>> Bill should act his age and not pretend to be young when he clearly
>> isn't. That is the shortest route to an early death that I know of. Bill
>> already has one foot in the grave and a slight nudge will send him all
>> the way there to his eternal perdition.

> Ed, I could be 90 and still be younger than you physically and mentally.
>>
>> At 57 Bill has only a few more years to live at best.

> Only 50 or 60 more.
>
> But hey, just keep on
>> running and cycling and maybe Old Man Death won't be able to catch you!
>> But I surely wouldn't count on that. Somehow, Old Man Death has never yet
>> overlooked a single person who has ever lived.

> I feel sorry for one with such an old man mind set.

Bill, you are going to be dead and gone before you know it. Shortly
thereafter, it will be as though you had never existed. Dust to dust you
know. Hells Bells, after a few years no one will even visit your graveside.

Hey, Bill, just over your shoulder there! Don't you see Him? That is the
Grim Reaper and He is coming for you! Run, run as fast as you can but I
don't think you will be able to out run the Grim Reaper. Many have tried but
none have ever succeeded.

Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again.

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard