Re: Eurosport cycling coverage to cease on analogue?

Simon Bennett

Guest
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:23:00 +0000, G Brunsdon wrote:

> So - I wondered if anyone knew if the above is true, and is definitely
> going to happen? and also what the options are, if I want to watch
> cycling on tv this spring/ summer?

Well, we bit the bullet when we moved to the forgotten land of
Thanet (no free-to-air digital, no cable) and bought the minimal, 'wires
only' package from $ky; it costs about £16 per month for the first year,
then the dish and encoder is yours to keep. Just be aware that they don't
actively promote this service, so give them a call and ask about it.
They'll still try to sell you packages on top of the minimum (which
includes the Eurosports and all the free-to-air channels). But I think
they're obliged to provide the package to those who cannot get cable
or receive a digital signal.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Quatar racing, BTW.

--
Simon