Re: Evidence/faith based nutrition/medicine

John 'the Man'

> How can we evaluate the truth claims of people pushing a new fad diet
> George D. Lundberg, MD
>
> I was recently contacted by an American doctor who asked for

some good
> references on evidence-based medicine (EBM) to help him prepare

for a
> Some years ago, the US Preventive Services Task Force^[1,2]

determined
> the hierarchy of quality of evidence to support interventions,

such

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

You know, 'Toad', doing a job halfway produces substandard results. It
would help in the future if you were to supply some decent links. Now,
if you could only articulate your position?

You have my condolences. :(

Now, here is what you should have referenced to begin with.

http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris1.htm
http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris2.htm
http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris3.htm
--
john gohde
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Natural-Health

"You know, 'Toad', doing a job halfway produces substandard results. It
would help in the future if you were to supply some decent links. Now,
if you could only articulate your position?"

The original was a complete cut and paste, including references used, to
an article on a subscription web site. It was presented thus for those
not subscribed. Ip provides a basis by which people can evaluate one
aspect of how much credability, which is different then opinion, to
information they see. This includes yourself as you refer to and post
info. If you find some person whose nutritional theology so closely meets
your own that it causes you to fall to your knees, second thoughts might
be given to making use of it on your pages if it falls off the bottom of
the evidence based medical/nutrition reference list. However, you can add
to the list by making theology, or faith based, evidence falling from the
lips of the sainted as a provisional entry at the bottom with a proper
caution that readers not be misled but so only to see where such fits in
the reality of things.

'the Toad' wrote:

> The original was a complete cut and
> paste, including references used, to
> an article on a subscription web site.

You have my condolences. :(

> http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris1.htm
> http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris2.htm
> http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris3.htm

One small step for 'the Toad' and one giant leap for 'the Man.'

Not only are my references better, posting them does not violate
copyright laws and personal ethics. :)

Just thought that you might want to know, Toad!
--

'the Toad' wrote:

> The original was a complete cut and
> paste, including references used, to

You have my condolences. :(

> http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris1.htm
> http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris2.htm
> http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/ajpmsuppl/harris3.htm

One small step for 'the Toad' and one giant leap for 'the Man.'

Not only are my references better, posting them does not violate
copyright laws and personal ethics. :)

Just thought that you might want to know, Toad!
--
john gohde
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Natural-Health

"One small step for 'the Toad' and one giant leap for 'the Man.'

Not only are my references better, posting them does not violate
copyright laws and personal ethics. :)"

Glad I could put you onto some good stuff, once again. "Better" applies to
specific use, for quick reference mine was far superior, your's if one
wants to muck about in the history and thought details on the topic. The
copyright on the web thing is still murky and will be defined, as these
things are, by court cases. The pages people can talk to my people about
it if they care.