General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Expedition 15 - Carneddau - Trip Reports

Started by Fran · · Last activity · 1 post · 299 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 July 2004
Last activity
15 July 2004
Original author
Fran
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
299
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    So, in summary, all of you who think that URW Expeds are too "tough"
    (or too easy) should come along anyway. There's plenty of scope for
    splitting the group into those who want to push themselves and those
    who want to take things a little easier.... []

    Agreed. My first urw expedition was the winter one in the
    Beacons (mad or what?) where the company was warm and the weather
    - wasn't. I dragged my husband along to that one, but the two
    older children elected to stay with Grandma while Emily was
    deemed too young to be subjected to sub-zero temperatures so she
    stayed with a friend. Apart from getting very cold at one point
    the younger boys enjoyed themselves, and when they had to be
    taken off the hill I was very glad to have Charlie with me
    because I'm not sure I could have managed on my own. I also went
    to Rhud-Ddu the year before last, which was fun if a little over-
    endowed with midges; the Carneddau expedition was my third. I
    know full well that I'm not up to the fitness or ability levels
    of most of the group; nonetheless the weekends are great fun and
    the social side of things is second to none. And, as Judith
    said, it's nice to be able to put faces to names and have
    preconceptions dashed or confirmed! I'd say that anyone who's
    got any doubts about 'fitting in' or not knowing anybody there
    should just load up the car and come camping. The expeditions
    are tremendous fun.
    --
    Fran
    If you need my email address please ask.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.