Re: Experiences with Tacx I Magic...?

B. Lafferty

Guest

> "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Have a look around this forum, there are plenty of users of such ...
>>
>> http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/show-toparea-1.php?fid=6272&taid=1&ut=1097589238
>>
>> Regards, Jim.

From 2/03 in rbr by Danny C.:

Kevin,

I have an older Computrainer which was robust and served me well for years.
However, I just got an I-Magic and I love it. You have the ability to train
via virtual reality and use steering which is nearly like playing a video
game or you can use the "Catalyst" softweare and emulate an ergotrainer
with
programmable slope, watts, distance, time, etc. Also, there is third party
software available through http://www.fitcentric.com which is also very
good.

In the end, it may depend on your specific needs but I have found myself
"playing" on the I-Magic for one to two hours which I was never able to do
on the Computrainer. At half the cost of a Computrainer, I would say it's
well worth serious consideration..!

Danny Callen

> > "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Have a look around this forum, there are plenty of users of such ...

http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/show-toparea-1.php?fid=6272&taid=1&ut=1097589238

> >> Regards, Jim.
> >>

> From 2/03 in rbr by Danny C.:
>
> Kevin,
>
> I have an older Computrainer which was robust and served me well for

years.
> However, I just got an I-Magic and I love it. You have the ability to

train
> via virtual reality and use steering which is nearly like playing a video
> game or you can use the "Catalyst" softweare and emulate an ergotrainer
> with
> programmable slope, watts, distance, time, etc. Also, there is third

party
> software available through http://www.fitcentric.com which is also very
> good.
>
> In the end, it may depend on your specific needs but I have found myself
> "playing" on the I-Magic for one to two hours which I was never able to

do
> on the Computrainer. At half the cost of a Computrainer, I would say it's
> well worth serious consideration..!
>
> Danny Callen

You scare my Brian! But it is true, I still like the I-Magic.

Danny Callen

--
Peloton Pigs--Flying Since 1991
"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> > "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...
>> >>

> http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/show-toparea-1.php?fid=6272&taid=1&ut=1097589238

>> From 2/03 in rbr by Danny C.:
>>
>> Kevin,
>>
>> I have an older Computrainer which was robust and served me well for

> years.
>> However, I just got an I-Magic and I love it. You have the ability to

> train
>> via virtual reality and use steering which is nearly like playing a
>> video
>> game or you can use the "Catalyst" softweare and emulate an ergotrainer
>> with
>> programmable slope, watts, distance, time, etc. Also, there is third

> party
>> software available through http://www.fitcentric.com which is also very
>> good.
>>
>> In the end, it may depend on your specific needs but I have found myself
>> "playing" on the I-Magic for one to two hours which I was never able to

> do
>> on the Computrainer. At half the cost of a Computrainer, I would say
>> it's
>> well worth serious consideration..!
>>
>> Danny Callen
>>

> You scare my Brian! But it is true, I still like the I-Magic.
>
> Danny Callen

I did a quick Google search and it came up right away. I'm thinking of the
Flow model if the other half can be convinced. I guess with the i-Magic you
could program in Greylock from the North side for fun?

> Peloton Pigs--Flying Since 1991
> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/show-toparea-1.php?fid=6272&taid=1&ut=1097589238

> >> From 2/03 in rbr by Danny C.:
> >>
> >> Kevin,
> >>
> >> I have an older Computrainer which was robust and served me well for

> > years.
> >> However, I just got an I-Magic and I love it. You have the ability to

> > train
> >> via virtual reality and use steering which is nearly like playing a
> >> video
> >> game or you can use the "Catalyst" softweare and emulate an

ergotrainer
> >> with
> >> programmable slope, watts, distance, time, etc. Also, there is third

> > party
> >> software available through http://www.fitcentric.com which is also

very
> >> good.
> >>
> >> In the end, it may depend on your specific needs but I have found

myself
> >> "playing" on the I-Magic for one to two hours which I was never able

> > do
> >> on the Computrainer. At half the cost of a Computrainer, I would say
> >> it's
> >> well worth serious consideration..!
> >>
> >> Danny Callen
> >>

> > You scare my Brian! But it is true, I still like the I-Magic.
> >
> > Danny Callen

> I did a quick Google search and it came up right away. I'm thinking of

the
> Flow model if the other half can be convinced. I guess with the i-Magic

you
> could program in Greylock from the North side for fun?

Been a while since I did the North side I miss it! You could program that
into the Tacx but it would probably be easier on the Computrainer. However,
there is a really cool feature that uses a DVD Video of famous climbs and
operates the brake of the trainer to coincide with the grade. Phil Stone
(frequent resident on the Wattage forum) created it and now Tacx is pushing
it.
http://www.turbovids.net/i-magic/

Danny Callen

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
Phil Stone
> (frequent resident on the Wattage forum) created it and now Tacx is pushing
> it.
> http://www.turbovids.net/i-magic/
>
> Danny Callen

dumbass,

this link does not work, nor does the turbovids site appear to be
present. i was actually looking for phil's site a few days ago and
couldn't find anything.

-amit

Amit wrote:
> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> Phil Stone
>> (frequent resident on the Wattage forum) created it and now Tacx is
>> pushing it.
>> http://www.turbovids.net/i-magic/
>>
>> Danny Callen

> dumbass,
>
> this link does not work, nor does the turbovids site appear to be
> present. i was actually looking for phil's site a few days ago and
> couldn't find anything.
>
> -amit

Phil's site is now at: http://www.i-rides.com/

"Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> Phil Stone
> > (frequent resident on the Wattage forum) created it and now Tacx is

pushing
> > it.
> > http://www.turbovids.net/i-magic/
> >
> > Danny Callen

> dumbass,
>
> this link does not work, nor does the turbovids site appear to be
> present. i was actually looking for phil's site a few days ago and
> couldn't find anything.
>
> -amit

~dumbass

Yes, I meant to say that (figuring either you or Robert Chung would know
where the new link was) but I hit the damn send button too early.

Danny Callen