Re: eye protection

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
On 2004-06-28, Paul Matthews penned:
> I have decided I need new sunglasses, and would like them to be useful
> on the bike. I am also a hay fever sufferer so a close fitwould be
> good for that too.
>
> I was thinking of Oakleys, but I am long sighted with a +3.5/+3.75
> prescription. Oakleys have a max of a +2 prescription.
>
> I am not too keen on the ideas of either contacts or lasers...
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

I have Rudy Project glasses that work well for me. I believer they take
prescription inserts up to +4. Their site says nothing about
shatterproofness, though, which kind of worries me ... anyone have any
knowledge of whether Rudy Projects will hold up in a crash, or splinter
into your eye?

--
monique

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2004-06-28, Paul Matthews penned:
>> I have decided I need new sunglasses, and would like them to be
>> useful on the bike. I am also a hay fever sufferer so a close
>> fitwould be good for that too.
>>
>> I was thinking of Oakleys, but I am long sighted with a +3.5/+3.75
>> prescription. Oakleys have a max of a +2 prescription.
>>
>> I am not too keen on the ideas of either contacts or lasers...
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions?
>>

> I have Rudy Project glasses that work well for me. I believer they
> take prescription inserts up to +4. Their site says nothing about
> shatterproofness, though, which kind of worries me ... anyone have any
> knowledge of whether Rudy Projects will hold up in a crash, or
> splinter into your eye?

I crashed big time yesterday with them on. Not even a scratch on the lens!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot says:

>I crashed big time yesterday with them on. Not even a scratch on the lens!

Fall on your bum? ;-P

Steve

Stephen Baker wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot says:
>
>> I crashed big time yesterday with them on. Not even a scratch on
>> the lens!

> Fall on your bum? ;-P
>
> Steve

Nope. Head first over the bars and into a tree. Glasses came flying off
and hit the boulder next to me.

Ride-a-Lot says:

>Nope. Head first over the bars and into a tree. Glasses came flying off
>and hit the boulder next to me.

Well, as they say in the flying world - any landing you can walk away from is a
good landing...

Steve

Stephen Baker wrote:

> Ride-a-Lot says:
>

>>Nope. Head first over the bars and into a tree. Glasses came flying off
>>and hit the boulder next to me.

> Well, as they say in the flying world - any landing you can walk away from is a
> good landing...

Its nice to be able to use the airplane (or bike, or glasses...) again
though. :)

Shawn

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Head first over the bars and into a tree. Glasses came flying off
> and hit the boulder next to me.

I suggest you enter the Second Annual AMB Poetry Contest when it rolls
around...

John M