Re: Fat bashers take note. This BBW is fat and fit!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by DZ, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. DZ

    DZ Guest

    On 22 Jan 2006 18:25:45 +0100, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This link is a
    >keeper.

    Defeniately! That's one of the funniest, and pathetic, videos I've
    seen lately.

    Tags:

  2. John

    John Guest

    "DZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 22 Jan 2006 18:25:45 +0100, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >This link is a
    > >keeper.

    > Defeniately! That's one of the funniest, and pathetic, videos I've
    > seen lately.

    No shit. That fat bitch doesn't have the self motivation to be thinner and
    truly fit.

  3. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Robin King wrote:

    > "John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > | "DZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:b8h7t1hltr8kr[email protected]

    > | > Defeniately! That's one of the funniest, and pathetic, videos I've
    > | > seen lately.
    > >
    > > No shit. That fat bitch doesn't have the self motivation to be

    > thinner and
    > > truly fit.

    > It's even funner that you guys feel motivated to make all
    > sorts of fun of a fat person who is actually trying to improve her
    > fitness.

    She claimed to be fit on the video clip. Her words. That is hilarious.

    > If you find that one funny, you should try to find videos
    > of handicapped people exercising, or the very old or the very
    > young. Wouldn't that be a laugh riot to share with your buddies.

    I have personally seen handicapped and very old people put in much more
    effort than she does. They have the results to show it too.

    > Robin, finding your attitude disgusting

    Many here find her trying to pass herself off as fit disgusting.

  4. John wrote:
    > "DZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>On 22 Jan 2006 18:25:45 +0100, "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>>This link is a
    >>>keeper.

    >>Defeniately! That's one of the funniest, and pathetic, videos I've
    >>seen lately.

    > No shit. That fat bitch doesn't have the self motivation to be thinner and
    > truly fit.

    18 months ago when I was 21 stones (294 pounds) I started cycling just
    for a bit of exercise and to pass the time as I was out of work. It
    wasn't until a month or 2 later that I realised that I was loosing
    weight doing it & decided to diet as well. I am now a much healthier 12
    stones (168 pounds) and intend to stay that way. I do now believe that
    it is the combination of diet AND exercise that helped me on my way, you
    need the exercise to know that you are making progress. I must admit
    that I never said I was fit then.

    --
    The email address is only valid until the end of next month. If you need to
    contact me after that then please use

  5. TBRu

    TBRu Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:39:14 +0000, "Mike Ellis (news)"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >18 months ago when I was 21 stones (294 pounds) I started cycling just
    >for a bit of exercise and to pass the time as I was out of work. It
    >wasn't until a month or 2 later that I realised that I was loosing
    >weight doing it & decided to diet as well. I am now a much healthier 12
    >stones (168 pounds) and intend to stay that way. I do now believe that
    >it is the combination of diet AND exercise that helped me on my way, you
    >need the exercise to know that you are making progress.

    Wow, you're a frickin' genius man!

  6. Turtoni

    Turtoni Guest

    >>18 months ago when I was 21 stones (294 pounds) I started cycling just
    >>for a bit of exercise and to pass the time as I was out of work. It
    >>wasn't until a month or 2 later that I realised that I was loosing
    >>weight doing it & decided to diet as well. I am now a much healthier 12
    >>stones (168 pounds) and intend to stay that way. I do now believe that
    >>it is the combination of diet AND exercise that helped me on my way, you
    >>need the exercise to know that you are making progress.

    > TBRu wrote:
    > Wow, you're a frickin' genius man!

    They should market this formula as one of those new weight loss programs.
    It'd make millions!

  7. TBRu

    TBRu Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:36:14 -0500, "Turtoni" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >They should market this formula as one of those new weight loss programs.
    >It'd make millions!

    It's so unique, he should patent it.

  8. the Danimal

    the Danimal Guest

    Mike Ellis (news) wrote:
    > 18 months ago when I was 21 stones (294 pounds) I started cycling just
    > for a bit of exercise and to pass the time as I was out of work. It
    > wasn't until a month or 2 later that I realised that I was loosing
    > weight doing it

    There has long been speculation that exercise helps
    the appetite regulation mechanism work better. Exercise
    burns some calories, but a little more eating would easily
    cover any moderate exercise program and prevent weight
    loss. The fact that you lost weight without really trying
    means that exercise signaled your body to begin drawing
    down your fat reserves, by not increasing your appetite
    enough to fuel your exercise completely.

    This may be an evolutionary adaptation of some sort.

    > & decided to diet as well. I am now a much healthier 12
    > stones (168 pounds) and intend to stay that way. I do now believe that
    > it is the combination of diet AND exercise that helped me on my way, you
    > need the exercise to know that you are making progress.

    You certainly must have felt the progress as you cycled
    up hills.

    > I must admit that I never said I was fit then.

    Of course. You give your name as "Mike," suggesting
    you are male.

    Fat Acceptance propaganda could never have originated
    with men. While men have certainly concocted their
    share of nonsense---see every religion---men generally
    restrict their nonsense to varieties that aren't immediately
    and obviously falsifiable.

    It also helps that most men either participated in sports
    as boys or had many male peers who did. In competitive
    sports there are objective criteria of fitness, and in most
    of the popular sports, excess bodyfat is a handicap.
    Anyone who has trained for any sport which involves
    lifting the body against gravity (jumping, running,
    gymnastics, cycling up hills, etc.) has repeatedly seen
    the obvious correlation between leanness and
    competitive performance.

    Many women, on the other hand, avoided much involvement
    in competitive sports when they were girls, and had more
    opportunity to associate with peers who were similarly
    uninterested in sports. Thus many women reached
    adulthood without forming the same empirical understanding
    of what "fitness" is, leaving them free to invent nonsense
    definitions.

    There aren't many sports in which competitors get
    better by becoming fatter, let alone morbidly obese.
    This is also true of life in general.

    -- the Danimal

  9. In uk.rec.cycling the Danimal <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Mike Ellis (news) wrote:

    >> 18 months ago when I was 21 stones (294 pounds) I started cycling just
    >> for a bit of exercise and to pass the time as I was out of work. It
    >> wasn't until a month or 2 later that I realised that I was loosing
    >> weight doing it

    > There has long been speculation that exercise helps
    > the appetite regulation mechanism work better. Exercise
    > burns some calories, but a little more eating would easily
    > cover any moderate exercise program and prevent weight
    > loss. The fact that you lost weight without really trying
    > means that exercise signaled your body to begin drawing
    > down your fat reserves, by not increasing your appetite
    > enough to fuel your exercise completely.

    Way back in the young days when I used to start training every spring
    by climbing hills, I noticed that I naturally ate slightly less while
    doing it. I also noticed that although my waist measurement would go
    down, I wouldn't lose any weight. I assumed this was because I was
    putting on muscle at the same rate as I was losing fat. I'm only
    talking about a few to several pounds, however.

    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    Honest John <[email protected]> proved himself another spammer:

    like his friend (or sockpuppet?)

    >"Alan Holmes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]

    neither of whom had anything worth saying.

    Seth
    --
    this is called missing the forest for the trees.
    Or just 'being a moron', your call. -- Lyle McDonald