Re: Feeling Quite Chuffed

Dave

Guest
"Marz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
SNIP
Sounds like a nice ride and that's cool you cracked your own 30 year
record.

I have to admit that it is getting better each year on the towpath as they
upgrade more of it.

After a ride last year doing the full 127 miles over 2 days they upgraded
some and on Sunday I measured another 15 and a half miles that had been
upgraded.

It is just a pity that some of that which is still to do (if it gets done)
is quite bad especially when it has been wet.

Dave

On Jun 11, 3:22 pm, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Marz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
> SNIP
> Sounds like a nice ride and that's cool you cracked your own 30 year
> record.
>
> I have to admit that it is getting better each year on the towpath as they
> upgrade more of it.
>
> After a ride last year doing the full 127 miles over 2 days they upgraded
> some and on Sunday I measured another 15 and a half miles that had been
> upgraded.
>
> It is just a pity that some of that which is still to do (if it gets done)
> is quite bad especially when it has been wet.
>
> Dave

That's good work fella, nice that you beat your 30-years-younger self.

I did Norwich to Keighley in a day when I was young and stoopid, a
shade over 200m.

"spindrift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On Jun 11, 3:22 pm, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Marz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
> SNIP
> Sounds like a nice ride and that's cool you cracked your own 30 year
> record.
>
> I have to admit that it is getting better each year on the towpath as they
> upgrade more of it.
>
> After a ride last year doing the full 127 miles over 2 days they upgraded
> some and on Sunday I measured another 15 and a half miles that had been
> upgraded.
>
> It is just a pity that some of that which is still to do (if it gets done)
> is quite bad especially when it has been wet.
>
> Dave

That's good work fella, nice that you beat your 30-years-younger self.

I did Norwich to Keighley in a day when I was young and stoopid, a
shade over 200m.

I bet it was a long day - either that or you managed to ride at a fast
speed.

Dave