Re: @Feeling uncertain

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. GS wrote:

    > A few weeks ago I had a heart cath prior to having gallbladder
    > removed. Previously had bypass twice, once at age 40 and
    > another at age 49. The cath this time showed that one of my
    > bypasses has closed. The Dr. said it appears to have been
    > closed for a long time. He never spoke with me after the cath,
    > he spoke with my wife and family. I prescribed Imdur for angina
    > and said good bye. No followup, never spoke with me, nothing.
    > Never even spoke about things like angioplasty or stents. Just
    > take this pill, bye. All the cardiologists here have formed a group
    > and all cardiologists here belong to the group.

    Where is this happening?

    > Appointments
    > consist of tests and surgery. That's all. No consultation, no
    > time for questions. Sorta like an assembly line with no stopping
    > along the way for any reason. I feel like I have been thrown aside
    > and left waiting to die.

    What does your primary doctor say about all this?

    > I don't like this but with all the cardiac doctors
    > banded together we don't have a choice. This is the pits.

    You could travel to another town, city or state.

    My patients have been known to physically travel across several state lines and
    even over an ocean to consult with me.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    Tags:

  2. "Paul E. Lehmann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > GS wrote:
    > >
    > > > A few weeks ago I had a heart cath prior to having gallbladder
    > > > removed. Previously had bypass twice, once at age 40 and
    > > > another at age 49. The cath this time showed that one of my
    > > > bypasses has closed. The Dr. said it appears to have been
    > > > closed for a long time. He never spoke with me after the cath,
    > > > he spoke with my wife and family. I prescribed Imdur for angina
    > > > and said good bye. No followup, never spoke with me, nothing.
    > > > Never even spoke about things like angioplasty or stents. Just
    > > > take this pill, bye. All the cardiologists here have formed a group
    > > > and all cardiologists here belong to the group.

    > > Where is this happening?
    > >
    > > > Appointments
    > > > consist of tests and surgery. That's all. No consultation, no
    > > > time for questions. Sorta like an assembly line with no stopping
    > > > along the way for any reason. I feel like I have been thrown aside
    > > > and left waiting to die.

    > > What does your primary doctor say about all this?
    > >
    > > > I don't like this but with all the cardiac doctors
    > > > banded together we don't have a choice. This is the pits.

    > > You could travel to another town, city or state.
    > >
    > > My patients have been known to physically travel across several state

    > lines and
    > > even over an ocean to consult with me.

    > Physically travel? Well, I guess since you live in an imaginary world,
    > "Physical" travel is indeed something special. the quacking sound is
    > growing louder in the direction of Atlanta.

    Sorry, no ducks around here.

    FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a off-topic message. If
    you are
    upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

    (1) Yell at Paul E. Lehmann
    (2) Report Paul E. Lehmann to his ISP.
    (3) Killfile this thread.
    (4) Killfile me.
    (5) Read about free speech.

    This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which
    is described completely at:

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

    Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate this
    Usenet discussion(s). His participation in this discussion(s) has
    been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of community
    service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen
    from his religious beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of
    Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

    From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are
    vehemently opposed to the 2 pound diet approach. They have debated
    Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach and
    have lost the argument soundly at every point:

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

    These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this and
    other discussion threads.

    However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the
    argument(s), certain parties have redirected their hatred of the 2
    pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
    "if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the
    messenger."

    Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll"
    is someone who posts under the cloak of anonymity messages with no
    redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
    "flame" wars.

    These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the
    following observations were made:

    (1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
    (2) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting
    the discussion(s).
    (a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the
    2PD to achieve near-ideal weight.
    (b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when
    their weight becomes near-ideal.
    (c) For (b) see: http://tinyurl.com/levc
    (3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
    (4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
    (5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line
    (including jpegs of the actual diplomas).

    Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have
    tried to attack Dr. Chung's credentials knowing full well that they
    were attempting to libel him. One notable example is Mr. Pastorio:

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

    When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements,
    the hateful folks hiding in the darkness of anonymity only hissed
    louder in support of their fallen hero.

    Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either
    actively or as lurkers can easily dismiss the hisses, for what they
    are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

    where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and
    libelous claims that credentials were bought are easily and summarily
    debunked.

    Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning
    the anon posters who continue to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig and Mack):

    (1) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or
    accountability).
    (2) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory
    characters.
    (3) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to
    deliver one-sided insults.
    (4) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by
    cross-posting.
    (5) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the
    2PD or its author.

    and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

    It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to
    speed.

    It will remain my pleasure to participate here on Usenet above the din
    of hissing from the peanut gallery.

    Sincerely,

    Andrew