Re: First Ride of the Year - Cold Feet Solved

Harry Brogan

Guest
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:54:13 -0800 (PST), Jorg Lueke
<[email protected]> wrote:

>It actually warmed up to near freezing, and since it's the weekend I
>could ride during the sunny afternoon. I had my bike tuned at the
>shop a few weeks ago, it's a bit pricey but probably worth the time
>savings. I also got some colder weather gear. Some nice tights and
>the Lake Road Winter shoes. Wow! If you get cold feet at all these
>boots are the best solution. Perhaps the most costly as well but,
>man, they keep those toes nice and warm. Along with the tights I had
>three light layers up top and my helmet. At 29 degrees fahrenheit
>with a 10mph breeze I was just a little cold. I should have a head
>covering but I don't have the cap that fits under the helmet and the
>baklava is too much. I made it fifteen miles stopping at the library
>and Target. The main issue is that my hands got too warm and then
>cooled when I ran into the store. Otherwise I wasn't as bad as when I
>first started biking but also not in the shape I was last November. A
>decent 15 mile trip with plenty of sun and a bit too much traffic.
>Hopefully I'll be able to resume my commutes and get back to 150 miles
>week in relatively good order. Either this Fall or next I'll have to
>look for a better made bike as well.

It's been cold here as well. I am placing links to photos to show
what I have been forced to wear on those COLD days here. Today
though, ((Sunday)) it's SUPPOSED to be in the low 50's. Of course
we'll have to wait and see.

Can't wait for warmer weather to get here!!!!

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=SunriseBelowZero01012003_01-1.jpg

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/...=view&current=SunriseBelowZero01012003_02.jpg

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/...?action=view&current=SnowyDay-01112008-04.jpg

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle.....

....I no longer despair for the human race.

---H.G. Wells---