Re: Fixed it (I'll get my coat)

Roger Thorpe

Guest
You really are an optimist, that RH chainstay would have put me off
straight away. I'd keep an eye on it if I were you!

Rob Morley wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Roger Thorpe
> [email protected] says...
>
>>You really are an optimist, that RH chainstay would have put me off
>>straight away. I'd keep an eye on it if I were you!
>>

> What's wrong with it?

In the first picture it's bent all the way over to the left, the
dropouts are nearly in contact. Presumably Mark's bent it back, but that
much cold working is not good for the metal.
Roger Thorpe

In article <[email protected]>, Roger Thorpe
[email protected] says...

> In the first picture it's bent all the way over to the left, the
> dropouts are nearly in contact.

I missed that one - I guess there was something heavy on top of it in
the skip. :)

> Presumably Mark's bent it back, but that much cold working is not
> good for the metal.

ISTR it was usually the dropouts that broke on those frames - maybe this
one will be different. :)