Re: Fluck 2007 - Koxx1

Erant

Guest
amanda.gallacher wrote:
> a lot

Completly agreed, though most of this happened before I got to Fluck, I
think I heard most of it. Koxx One was asked to leave for several
reasons, most of them valid (in my opinion), only one of them in a gray
area, which is the admittance fee. From how I heard it, there were a
few non-riders accompanying the french, and they didn't use the
facilities (food, drink, course), and only those didn't pay. I think
they could've found something in between paying the full price, and
paying nothing. Again, I wasn't there when it happened, I'm basing this
on hear-say. But in the end, the decision by Jens was totally
justified, based even on the stuff besides not paying.

I just hope we can all get along at next conventions. Stick to the
rules, and laws, and it'll all be fine I guess.

Edit:

One more thing, Koxx showing up at the trialsconvention was slightly
childish, but the decision of the organisers to postpone the
trialscompetition was equally childish, in my opinion. There would've
been no harm done by just contuining the trialscompetition, and letting
me have my meal at 6, instead of 7. I'd gotten very hungry... :p

--
Erant

*"There is power in your wall sockets, too, but I don't recommend that
you plug yourself in to learn a 540 unispin."* - Harper
http://www.usenet.com

I think the organisation as well as Koxx-One were behaving a bit
childishly, I know it's probably not what you mean but it sounds like
you're kind of discriminating the French, there are definitely some
quality French people out there who probably felt a bit attacked? I
don't think anyone actually knows what happened exactly.

--
DustinSchaap

*'Dutch unicyclist community: Eenwiel.nl' (http://eenwiel.nl)
'Municycle.com' (http://www.einradladen.net/shop/index.php/language/en)
'Qu-Ax unicycles' (http://qu-ax.com/)
'Semcycle unicycles' (http://semcycle.com)*
http://www.usenet.com

DustinSchaap wrote:
> I think the organisation as well as Koxx-One were behaving a bit
> childishly, I know it's probably not what you mean but it sounds like
> you're kind of discriminating the French, there are definitely some
> quality French people out there who probably felt a bit attacked? I
> don't think anyone actually knows what happened exactly.

Hey yeah dustin, didnt mean it if it sounds like im discriminating the
French, I think I put "some of the French" so thought that was clear I
didn't mean all. I met some quality French people and hope they aren't
offended with what I have said.

Also, I started this thread because I wanna know the truth to what
happened. I know what I said can't be 100% true, so if I'm wrong please
say and I will gladly take back any accusations I have made.

--
amanda.gallacher

-->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)

http://www.usenet.com

DustinSchaap wrote:
> I don't think anyone actually knows what happened exactly.

SOMEBODY does, but I'll start by saying it definitely isn't me. I was
not there, so I'll keep my opinions very minimal.

The convention host "owns" the event. He (assuming it is one, male
person) went to all the trouble to set it up, provide information, rent
facilities, answer a million questions, etc. Also he is *responsible*
for those facilities, as well as for putting on the event he has
described and promised when he collected entry fees from people.
Therefore the convention host *must* reserve the right to ask people to
leave. If those people choose not to leave, it just damages the event
for everyone; the hosts, the people who paid entry fees, the people who
practiced hard, etc.

Banners:
If there weren't any policies to begin with, all that should happen is
for the host to ask unauthorized vendors to take them down (or make a
deal for keeping them up). If the vendor does not take them down, the
hosts should be able to take them down themselves and store them in a
"safe" place until the end of the convention.

Illegal activities:
I don't know the laws of other countries, but if it's illegal, I don't
think there should be a question of why someone is being asked to
leave.

General rudeness:
What goes around comes around.

Of what I've heard, much may be rumor or exaggerated. People may have
the wrong information about whose idea it was to do various things.
Before holding Koxx management responsible I'd wait for them to have a
chance to respond. One honest response by someone in charge might clear
the whole thing up. Until then, I'm going to assume much of these bad
activities were done by people who do not officially represent Koxx.

Next year:
Unicon, in the same country. I hope Koxx will be welcome, because I
love watching their guys ride, and much of the outlandish and fun stuff
they do (though I've seen enough of Yoggi's privates). I'm sure this
can be cleared up by then. If not, I certainly hope we don't get more
of what I read about above.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com

Its sad that stuff like this happened in the unicycling scene, which
always seemed like a big family to me. I dont know exactly what
happened there but I think Jens did the best to avoid conflicts during
the convention by asking them to leave and he definitely had good
reasons for that.
It's understandable that other people werent happy with that decission
but its wrong to show it with "booh"s and provocations.
Next time there should be more sportmanship and everyone should accept
laws and rules so that we can enjoy a convention without any conflicts
and disruptions.

--
Rocco

' *ich-bin-einradfahrer.de* '