General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Food and Reality

Started by M_un Over Seattle · · Last activity · 1 post · 200 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 October 2003
Last activity
20 October 2003
Original author
M_un Over Seattle
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
200
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Jennifer Austin said:

    It's the "Super Sized" culture that's being shoved down our throats. More
    is always better, isn't it? People go to buffets and make multiple trips to
    make sure they get their money's worth. I hear it all the time when the
    ladies at Curves talk about local restaurants "Such and such a place gives
    you more fish in their fish fry," etc.

    Two entirely different points. Super sizing is a marketing/sales
    gimmick butt we as consumers match quantity with value at the buffet
    table.

    Quoted message said:

    Here's a link to an online quiz about "portion distortion."
    http://hin.nhlbi.nih.gov/portion/

    Nice link.

    Quoted message said:

    A part of my overall weight problem is related to portion sizes because I
    like to eat massive quantities of food. I have nearly overcome that with
    the HMR diet, but I'm finding I still like to eat a lot at times - so that's
    when I eat a lot of spinach and mushrooms and salad with my entree, rather
    than potato or beans.

    ??????

    Quoted message said:

    I bring my lunch to work and sit with a few friends. For my diet, I have an
    HMR entree (just a tad smaller than a Lean Cuisine) and then I have 1 cup of
    cooked vegetables with it and/or a piece of fruit depending on how hungry I
    am at the time (or if I ate my fruit for a mid-morning snack). I keep my
    veggies in a 1 cup ziplock container. The first few times since I started
    this, someone would always say "Is that *all* you're going to eat?"

    I hear this all the time. I answer "yes." Usually, that ends the
    conversation.

    http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap031011.html
    Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.