Re: Food and Reality

M_un Over Seattle

Guest
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:50:27 -0500, "Jennifer Austin"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>It's the "Super Sized" culture that's being shoved down our throats. More
>is always better, isn't it? People go to buffets and make multiple trips to
>make sure they get their money's worth. I hear it all the time when the
>ladies at Curves talk about local restaurants "Such and such a place gives
>you more fish in their fish fry," etc.

Two entirely different points. Super sizing is a marketing/sales
gimmick butt we as consumers match quantity with value at the buffet
table.

>Here's a link to an online quiz about "portion distortion."
>http://hin.nhlbi.nih.gov/portion/

Nice link.

>A part of my overall weight problem is related to portion sizes because I
>like to eat massive quantities of food. I have nearly overcome that with
>the HMR diet, but I'm finding I still like to eat a lot at times - so that's
>when I eat a lot of spinach and mushrooms and salad with my entree, rather
>than potato or beans.

??????

>I bring my lunch to work and sit with a few friends. For my diet, I have an
>HMR entree (just a tad smaller than a Lean Cuisine) and then I have 1 cup of
>cooked vegetables with it and/or a piece of fruit depending on how hungry I
>am at the time (or if I ate my fruit for a mid-morning snack). I keep my
>veggies in a 1 cup ziplock container. The first few times since I started
>this, someone would always say "Is that *all* you're going to eat?"

I hear this all the time. I answer "yes." Usually, that ends the
conversation.

Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.