Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: "forged" aluminum alloy?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 1 post · 390 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
17 May 2005
Last activity
17 May 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
390
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Michael Press said:

    Whenever I read about a "forged" aluminum alloy part for a
    bicycle, my mind balks, my stomach clenches, and I refuse to
    accept it. A forge is a furnace for heating steel and iron,
    preperatory to working it. By working I mean hammering, bending,
    drawing, rolling, twisting, creasing, folding, welding, piercing,
    crushing, pressing, and the like. Are "forged" aluminum alloy
    parts actually formed in this fashion? Please humor me in my
    skepticism; I have heard too much hyperbole and misrepresentation
    in bicycle marketing to easily set aside my own apprehension of
    reality. Thank you.

    Forging isn't just for steel and iron. See
    http://www.scotforge.com/sf_alum_forging.asp

    - Frank Krygowski

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.