Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Re: Formal Complaint: Roger B

Started by maxo · · Last activity · 3 posts · 515 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
31 January 2005
Last activity
1 February 2005
Original author
maxo
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
515
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Brian Wax said:

    I would encourage others to file a complaint

    I sent one to his ISP with the full headers and IP, we'll see...

    In the meantime, do try a Usenet client that allows you to have a killfile
    to sort out the idiots.

    I like the Pan Newsreader, but there are many others.

    😉

  2. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I would encourage others to file a complaint

    I sent one to his ISP with the full headers and IP, we'll see...

    In the meantime, do try a Usenet client that allows you to have
    a killfile to sort out the idiots.

    I like the Pan Newsreader, but there are many others.

    Marty is a long-standing significant contributor to this and other
    groups I read, see: http://tinyurl.com/4pa86 (wait for it to load)

    I for one don't want to killfile him, and a complaint to his ISP
    will hardly help, since the [censored] is spoofing that. There is
    no simple fix, unfortunately.

  3. Glen F said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I would encourage others to file a complaint

    I sent one to his ISP with the full headers and IP, we'll see...

    In the meantime, do try a Usenet client that allows you to have
    a killfile to sort out the idiots.

    I like the Pan Newsreader, but there are many others.

    Marty is a long-standing significant contributor to this and other
    groups I read, see: http://tinyurl.com/4pa86 (wait for it to load)

    I for one don't want to killfile him, and a complaint to his ISP
    will hardly help, since the [censored] is spoofing that. There is
    no simple fix, unfortunately.

    Yes there is.
    You look at the full header information of the sender.
    In your case it's:

    Path:
    nnrp.waia.asn.au!nntp.waia.asn.au!130.95.128.9.MISMATCH!news.uwa.edu.au!news.mel.connect.com.au!news-north.connect.com.au!snewsf0.syd.ops.aspac.uu.net!newsfeed01.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!feed.news.tiscali.de!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.net!newspump.monmouth.com!newspeer.monmouth.com!nntp.flash.net!newsfeed.pacific.net.au!nasal.pacific.net.au!not-for-mail
    From: "Glen F" <[email hidden]>
    Newsgroups: aus.bicycle
    References: <[email hidden]>
    <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Re: Formal Complaint: Roger B
    Lines: 17
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
    X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
    Message-ID: <[email hidden]>
    Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:44:56 +1000
    NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.143.236.38
    X-Complaints-To: [email hidden]
    X-Trace: nasal.pacific.net.au 1107236886 203.143.236.38 (Tue, 01 Feb
    2005 16:48:06 EST)
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:48:06 EST
    Organization: Pacific Internet (Australia)
    Xref: nnrp.waia.asn.au aus.bicycle:30894

    If I get your IP address which is 203.143.236.38
    and use a program like Samspade

    http://www.samspade.org/

    and do a Whois it gives the following info.

    Server Used: [ whois.apnic.net ]

    203.143.236.38 = [ b2F26.static.pacific.net.au ]

    inetnum: 203.143.192.0 - 203.143.255.255
    netname: PI-AU
    descr: Pacific Internet (Australia) Pty Ltd
    descr: PO Box 12101
    descr: A'Beckett St Post Office
    descr: Melbourne VIC 8006
    descr: email [email hidden]
    for ABUSE issue
    descr: email [email hidden]
    for network issue
    country: AU
    admin-c: ADM2-AP
    tech-c: ADM2-AP
    remarks: Additional IP block for PI Australia
    remarks: for expansion into New Zealand and current DSL growth
    mnt-by: APNIC-HM
    mnt-lower: PIL-NOC-AP
    status: ALLOCATED PORTABLE
    changed: [email hidden]
    20040112
    source: APNIC
    role: APNIC Database Maintainer
    address: PACIFIC INTERNET (AUSTRALIA) PTY LIMITED
    address: PO BOX 12101
    address: A'Beckett ST PO
    address: MELBOURNE VIC 8006
    address: AUSTRALIA
    phone: 61-1300-555-075
    fax-no: 61-1300-555-072
    e-mail: [email hidden]

    trouble: Spam and Security: [email hidden]

    trouble: Network Issues: [email hidden]

    admin-c: PH54-AP
    tech-c: PH54-AP
    nic-hdl: ADM2-AP
    remarks: APNIC Database Maintainer
    notify: [email hidden]

    mnt-by: MAINT-AU-PI
    changed: [email hidden]
    20010327
    source: APNIC

    That gives you phone numbers and email addresses to contact to get
    something done.

    You should write a polite email detailing the problem, include the full
    header info and the offending message. You'll probably get an automated
    reply with a reference number, use that number each time you contact
    them. Don't automaticly reply to the email, you have to use the original
    address in your first email to them.

    A follow-up phone call can also make a big difference.

    Marty

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.