General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: French Onion Soup

Started by Kent · · Last activity · 2 posts · 105 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
31 March 2007
Last activity
31 March 2007
Original author
Kent
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
105
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In a birthday package yesterday, I got two jars of Penzey's bouillion.
    One
    is beef, the other is chicken. I usually make my own stock, but I'm
    thinking French onion soup with the beef.

    Yes, I've done the Google, there are a million hits out there. I'm
    looking
    for something specific.

    My old friend, Marty, back on Maui (who has since passed) was always
    promising to make me his version of French Onion soup. I vaguely recall
    the
    ingredients, but included were champagne and sherry, maybe, could be
    brandy,
    though. I know you have to use onions, broth, croutons and cheese, but I
    was wondering if anyone had a similar recipe to Marty's that I could try.

    I'd be eternally grateful. I want to do it right, rich, and flavorful.

    I've never made this soup before, so any ideas are welcome. I'm thinking
    of
    making it this weekend. Help me, please!

    kili


    Kili, how did you make your onion soup? How did it turn out?

    What would you do differently next time?

    After that long thread we all want to know.

    I hope it turned out great !

    Kent

  2. Kent said:

    "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Kili, how did you make your onion soup? How did it turn out?

    What would you do differently next time?

    After that long thread we all want to know.

    I hope it turned out great !

    Kent

    I loved it and so did my husband. I didn't broil the cheese, because I
    didn't have anything that was broil-proof (if you know what I mean) to serve
    it in, so it was just melted in the hot broth. I had toasted, roasted
    garlic sourdough bread to go with it and it was heavenly. I added
    chardonnay and a V.S.O.P. brandy to the broth. It really was good! Thanks
    for asking.

    kili

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.