Re: Frilegh Starts The TPD!!!!!

"Chet Hayes" <[email protected]> wrote

> To Bob's comments, I would add, if you are sincere and not trolls,
> then why are you posting on a newgroup for low carb support? The
> newsgroup is not titled diet debates. If you believe your diet is so
> great, start your own newgroup.

Here, here!

I actually suggested this approach to Mu. Unfortunately, he either doesn't
know how to create a group, or believes it would be a very empty group and
he'd have no audience. The problem is, I guess, he's not sincere -- just a
troll, plain and simple.

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:40:37 -0400, Carol Frilegh <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Mu, Chung Hoff, Pastorio and all others from the groups above plus the
>muscle fitness group---
>
>Please stop cross posting your everlasting, stupid and unending feuds
>to ASD. Only two people on the group are following the TPD and are
>doing it in an objective manner.
>
>Why do others here have to suffer with having the board cluttered up
>with absolute nonsense.?

They do it because you keep answering their posts. If you would just
killfile them and not answer, I wouldn't even know that they were
crossposting. I've got Mu and the rest of those idiots killfiled.

So please, cut it out. You're the one who's proliferating the insanity
in here.

ASD looks like a bunch of **** these days between the two pound diet
morons and Cat who posts idiotic jokes. However, at least I can
effectively block her, because no one ever responds to her jokes.
Therefore, I don't know they are there.

Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
http://www.obesity-news.com/

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:38:34 GMT, Wayne Crannell
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Because if he is any sort of authority, scientist, or expert, he should
>easily be able to back up such a claim.

I have $10,000 to wager that you are a liar.

Put up or shut up.

"Live To Eat? Nyet. Eat To Live!"

On 16 Jul 2003 20:41:14 -0700, [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B.
Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

>> Really? Is that the same test as a c-reactive protein or something
>> entirely different?

>It is a different test. The standard c-reactive protein is not sensitive enough .
>
>God Bless,
>
>Andrew
>--
>Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
>Board-Certified Cardiologist
>http://www.heartmdphd.com

Gee, you sound just like a real doctor.

"Live To Eat? Nyet. Eat To Live!"

On 17 Jul 2003 05:37:50 -0700, [email protected] (Beth V) wrote:

>Translates to "I don't know". UGH. A REAL doctor could easily
>identify a source, or at least list a patient record of this
>happening. You, apparently, have neither. SO SHUT UP. If MY doctor
>ever gave me a quack response like that I'd find a new doctor, and
>pronto. Notice Lori doesn't respond? Because you're probably
>killfiled with her for being a freaking quack.

I have $10,000 that says you are a liar and that Chung is exactly who
he says he is.

Put up or shut up.

>Oh Mu, as the Chung crusader, please bless me with your rebuttal. I'm
>DYING to know what you can come up with.

Stay alive. I want your money.

>(Mu response: Well, if you're on Atkins you're killing yourself
>already.)

That was several really stupid things to say in one very short
paragraph. I never said anything of the sort about Atkins.

Be that you are so adamant about how right you are............

I have $10,000 that says you are a liar and that Chung is exactly who
he says he is.

Put up or shut up.

"Live To Eat? Nyet. Eat To Live!"

In article <[email protected]>, Barbara Hirsch
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:40:37 -0400, Carol Frilegh <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> >Mu, Chung Hoff, Pastorio and all others from the groups above plus the
> >muscle fitness group---
> >
> >Please stop cross posting your everlasting, stupid and unending feuds
> >to ASD. Only two people on the group are following the TPD and are
> >doing it in an objective manner.
> >
> >Why do others here have to suffer with having the board cluttered up
> >with absolute nonsense.?

> They do it because you keep answering their posts. If you would just
> killfile them and not answer, I wouldn't even know that they were
> crossposting. I've got Mu and the rest of those idiots killfiled.
>
> So please, cut it out. You're the one who's proliferating the insanity
> in here.
>
> ASD looks like a bunch of **** these days between the two pound diet
> morons and Cat who posts idiotic jokes. However, at least I can
> effectively block her, because no one ever responds to her jokes.
> Therefore, I don't know they are there.
>

> Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
> OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
> The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
> http://www.obesity-news.com/

I am not a moron and the diet is very good. If you read the posted
menus I've used instead you would see that. I did some of the cross
posting with hasty replies and became aware that it was provoking a lot
of **** and have corrected that. The diet is better than good.

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:17:33 -0700, Don Kirkman <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>Nobody guarantees the information. Guy says what he wants to.

>It seems that as a lawyer you subscribe to the "guilty till proved
>innocent" camp.
>--
>Don
>[email protected]

Don, the attempts to discredit Chung have been going on for some time
now. They involve circular and unsubstantiated claims, none of which
have any merit whatsoever.

Truthfully, this is not about Chung. It is about the fact that the
2PDiet works and those that fight Chung are actually so disturbed by
the simplicity and accountability of the 2PD that its angers them to
no end.

Here's a morsel for you.

Not one of these liars has ever indicated the slightest interest in
attempting the 2PD. Makes for an interesting question.

Why are they so interested in Chung if they are not advocates of the
diet?

"Live To Eat? Nyet. Eat To Live!"

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:38:26 -0400, Carol Frilegh <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I am not a moron and the diet is very good. If you read the posted
>menus I've used instead you would see that. I did some of the cross
>posting with hasty replies and became aware that it was provoking a lot
>of **** and have corrected that. The diet is better than good.

Carol,

I don't care what you eat. Just please get all these people out of
here (alt.support.diet). Post this stuff in Chung's group. We've got
enough trolls and spammers here already. I'd rather read posts on how
to increase the size of my penis.

You think limiting your diet to two pounds of food a day will make you
drop weight, then dole out a couple of pounds a day of your favorite
flavor of Hagen Daaz each day (or Ben and Jerry's if you prefer), and
call me in 6 months.

I bet it would be great for your cholesterol levels too.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:38:26 -0400, Carol Frilegh <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> >I am not a moron and the diet is very good. If you read the posted
> >menus I've used instead you would see that. I did some of the cross
> >posting with hasty replies and became aware that it was provoking a lot
> >of **** and have corrected that. The diet is better than good.

> Carol,
>
> I don't care what you eat. Just please get all these people out of
> here (alt.support.diet). Post this stuff in Chung's group. We've got
> enough trolls and spammers here already. I'd rather read posts on how
> to increase the size of my penis.
>
> You think limiting your diet to two pounds of food a day will make you
> drop weight, then dole out a couple of pounds a day of your favorite
> flavor of Hagen Daaz each day (or Ben and Jerry's if you prefer), and
> call me in 6 months.
>
> I bet it would be great for your cholesterol levels too.
>

> Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
> OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
> The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
> http://www.obesity-news.com/

I have kill filed and continue to do each and every one of the cross
posting authors, with one exception which was to cross post my
intention to those doing the crossposting and who basically couldn't
care less;they've done it since 1996 when I started here.

I will continue to report my menus or discuss my diet with Crafting Mom
the other member who follows something similar and has for some time
without evoking wrath here.

I am selective in my choice of foods just as I always have been which
is what the author of the diet intended. If anyone wants to go to
defiant extremes, I doubt their diet motives.

My purpose is to limit overstuffing volume wise as I find my stomach
more comfortable with the limits from a gastro intestinal aspect.
Weight loss is not a major concern for me, maintenance is. I have lost
about two pounds It would be foolishness to interpret the diet in
order to justify consuming only two pounds of any single or several
calorie dense and not very nutritious foods like ice cream or chocolate
candy as my sole daily source of nutrition. This has already been
hashed out repeatedly here in your absence and is the atandard response
of doubters. I Practiced sensibly, the diet is not unlike the WW points
system, but easier to keep track ofnor is it composed of tinned
mackerel and coffee creamer!

Typically in a day I have eggs, nuts, fruits, vegetables, eggs, cheese
and other animal proteins, yogurt and always include a salad. The end
result has been to achieve satiety with reasonable amounts of a variety
of wholesome food 99% of the time with an occasional treat. I haven't
bothered to take the 32 ounces of food and evaluate it in terms of
calories but may try it as an experiment.

I haven't responded to any questions here with suggestion that others
try this diet.

Since you have indicated a lack of curiosity about what I eat, may I
remind you that the "invaders" from other groups do so periodically and
have not previously needed encouragement from our ASD members to
continue their harangues on the various topics thay get hung up on.

I have no power to"get all these people out of here" and suggest that
it lies within your realm to do your own filtering of author and
subject according to your own preferences and while you are at it,
remove the herbal life spammers and the other extermists.

Eating three balanced meals and snacks daily but limiting the total
volume is juducious and viable and has been working well for me
decreasing my stomach discomfort and constant nibbling for over a week.
Will it last. Who knows? It's too soon to tell.

Since I don't have or plan to have a penis in the forseeable future I
leave you to your own interests and devices and will regard your
progress with interest as it seems you already have balls :)

Carol Frilegh wrote:
> I will continue to report my menus or discuss my diet with Crafting Mom
> the other member who follows something similar and has for some time
> without evoking wrath here.

I started a few days ago "officially" weighing my food. Prior to that I was
basing how much I ate, on the printed weight on the receipt. I often eat
a few ounces shy of 2 pounds, but some days I eat roughly 2.2-2.5
pounds.

> Typically in a day I have eggs, nuts, fruits, vegetables, eggs, cheese
> and other animal proteins, yogurt and always include a salad. The end
> result has been to achieve satiety with reasonable amounts of a variety
> of wholesome food 99% of the time with an occasional treat. I haven't
> bothered to take the 32 ounces of food and evaluate it in terms of
> calories but may try it as an experiment.

I have counted calories, and it seems to even out. The calories
seem to naturally be lower when I am more sedentary, but I eat
higher calorie foods either before or after a day in which I've
defaulted to more exercise. I don't eat ice cream anyway, all
my food selections are natural. I eat nothing with additives,
added sugar, artificial sweeteners.

The "what" of my menu has already been established after more than
a year of self-evaluation. The "how much", is helped by the food scale.

> Will it last. Who knows? It's too soon to tell.

ditto :)

Crafting Mom
http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/craftingmom2001
Modified WOL since spring '02 || Weight at start: over 250 lb
Today's weight: 182.5 lb || Goal/Maintenance: 140 lb

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:12:11 GMT, Barbara Hirsch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Carol,
>
>I don't care what you eat. Just please get all these people out of
>here (alt.support.diet). Post this stuff in Chung's group. We've got
>enough trolls and spammers here already. I'd rather read posts on how
>to increase the size of my penis.

Why am I not surprised to hear this?

"Live To Eat? Nyet. Eat To Live!"

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:40:22 -0400, Carol Frilegh <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I have no power to"get all these people out of here" and suggest that
>it lies within your realm to do your own filtering of author and
>subject according to your own preferences and while you are at it,
>remove the herbal life spammers and the other extermists.

I do. The only posts in the threads I see is yours. So I guess if
you're going to continue to post about this insanity, the only thing
left is to killfile you too, and crafting mom.

A conversation between two people is normally held via private e-mail.

Barbara Hirsch wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:38:26 -0400, Carol Frilegh <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I am not a moron and the diet is very good. If you read the posted
> >menus I've used instead you would see that. I did some of the cross
> >posting with hasty replies and became aware that it was provoking a lot
> >of **** and have corrected that. The diet is better than good.

> Carol,
>
> I don't care what you eat. Just please get all these people out of
> here (alt.support.diet). Post this stuff in Chung's group.

I don't moderate a group despite rumors to the contrary.

This discussion is on-topic for *your* group.

> We've got
> enough trolls and spammers here already. I'd rather read posts on how
> to increase the size of my penis.

That sounds off-topic but hey, whatever suits your interests.

> You think limiting your diet to two pounds of food a day will make you
> drop weight, then dole out a couple of pounds a day of your favorite
> flavor of Hagen Daaz each day (or Ben and Jerry's if you prefer), and
> call me in 6 months.

Is that the diet you are advocating?

I sincerely doubt there is anyone who can eat two pounds of Hagen Daaz
everyday for six months.

If you believe you can, Mu has $50,000 that says you can't.

> I bet it would be great for your cholesterol levels too.

If you have the genes for great cholesterol, there is nothing you can eat
that will change this.

> Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
> OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
> The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
> http://www.obesity-news.com/

If you really are the above, this is really sad.

--

<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:40:22 -0400, Carol Frilegh <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> >I have no power to"get all these people out of here" and suggest that
> >it lies within your realm to do your own filtering of author and
> >subject according to your own preferences and while you are at it,
> >remove the herbal life spammers and the other extermists.

> I do. The only posts in the threads I see is yours. So I guess if
> you're going to continue to post about this insanity, the only thing
> left is to killfile you too, and crafting mom.

Crafting Mom is not on the diet i am. She follows her own method and
was doing before this started.

I am down three pounds, mostly water and bloat and only want to lose
two more and then maintain.

By all means KF me. But you don;t need my permission.
> A conversation between two people is normally held via private e-mail.
>

> Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
> OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
> The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
> http://www.obesity-news.com/

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:09:11 GMT, Barbara Hirsch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I do. The only posts in the threads I see is yours. So I guess if
>you're going to continue to post about this insanity, the only thing
>left is to killfile you too, and crafting mom.
>
>A conversation between two people is normally held via private e-mail.

For a so-called "intelligent person", you have the most closed mind I
have seen in quite some time.

The 2PDiet reeaaaaaaaaalllllly upsets you.

"Live To Eat? Nyet. Eat To Live!"

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:27:23 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Is that the diet you are advocating, Hirsch?
>
>I sincerely doubt there is anyone who can eat two pounds of Hagen Daaz
>everyday for six months.
>
>If you believe you can, Mu has $50,000 that says you can't.

<gulp>

Yes, yes I do.

"Live To Eat? Nyet. Eat To Live!"

Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
http://www.obesity-news.com/

>>No. But telling folks that they'll lose weight if they limit their
>>intake to 2 pounds of food a day isn't true. What you eat counts.

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:34:59 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Chris
Malcolm) wrote:

>It's possible to devise extreme scenarios such as a midget eating 2lbs
>of milk chocolate a day, but in practice this claim that the 2lb diet
>will reduce weight will only be false if it's possible to devise a
>reasonably balanced 2lb diet which someone with normal physiology
>would be prepared to eat for more than a few days and on which they
>would not lose weight.

My $50,000 bet includes three months.

>That's a simple challenge which would refute the claims made for the
>2lb diet and settle the controversy once and for all. Google finds a
>large number of people who have repeatedly claimed that it would be
>ridiculously easy to do this, but IMHO can't find anyone actually
>doing it.

Nor will you. They don't exist.

"Live To Eat? Nyet. Eat To Live!"

In article <[email protected]>, Chris Malcolm
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Barbara Hirsch <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:27:23 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> ><[email protected]> wrote:

> >>Is that the diet you are advocating?

> >No. But telling folks that they'll lose weight if they limit their
> >intake to 2 pounds of food a day isn't true. What you eat counts.

> It's possible to devise extreme scenarios such as a midget eating 2lbs
> of milk chocolate a day, but in practice this claim that the 2lb diet
> will reduce weight will only be false if it's possible to devise a
> reasonably balanced 2lb diet which someone with normal physiology
> would be prepared to eat for more than a few days and on which they
> would not lose weight.
>
> That's a simple challenge which would refute the claims made for the
> 2lb diet and settle the controversy once and for all. Google finds a
> large number of people who have repeatedly claimed that it would be
> ridiculously easy to do this, but IMHO can't find anyone actually
> doing it.
> --
> Chris Malcolm [email protected] +44 (0)131 650 3085 DoD #205
> School of Informatics, Edinburgh University, 5 Forrest Hill,
> Edinburgh, EH1 2QL, UK. [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/ ]

Someone who follows the diet and wishes to lose weight will configure
it appropriately for that purpose. It is not my concern that the author
has not given more possibilities and suggestions. However I seem to be
blessed with sufficient intelligence to make the necessary tweaks. A
person with a Ferrari isn't obligated to drive it at top speed or
corner dangerously in order to ride well yet I'm sure the
aforementioned extremes are considered selling points.

--
Diva
********

Barbara Hirsch wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:27:23 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Is that the diet you are advocating?

> No. But telling folks that they'll lose weight if they limit their
> intake to 2 pounds of food a day isn't true. What you eat counts.

If you are overweight eating what you are currently eating, changing what you
are eating to ice cream is not going to help.

Decreasing the *amount* of what you are eating will, however.

> >I sincerely doubt there is anyone who can eat two pounds of Hagen Daaz
> >everyday for six months.

> Wouln't be me, but there are all kinds of people out there. I eat a
> lot more tahn 2 pounds of food a day, and have been normal weight for
> 5 years.

For all we know, a lot more than 2 pounds is 2.5 pounds. For all we know,
your "normal" weight is 20 pounds over what is considered ideal (BMI = 20).

And if you were overweight, the solution would still be to decrease the amount
you are eating to 2 pounds.

> >If you have the genes for great cholesterol, there is nothing you can eat
> >that will change this.

> I'm not sure about that, but if you have genes for bad cholesterol
> what you eat can certainly improve the numbers.

I have $10,000.00 in my savings account that I will transfer to yours today if
you show me one person whose genes have been changed by what they eat.

> For an example, my husband has had cruddy cholesterol his whole life.
> Unfortunately, he got throat cancer last year, and for the past year
> has been mostly eating through a peg tube. His total cholesterol went
> from 254 to 118. I'm not sure about his current HDL, previoiusly it
> was 77.

I suspect his weight has also gone down considerably. His genes for cruddy
cholesterol are still there and would rear their ugly heads if your husband
were to gain the weight back. You know that the liquid feed through the PEG
is highly nutritious and calorically dense and further supports my assertion
that the kind of foods really don't matter.... it is the amount.

> His blood pressure is also normal now, with no medication.
>
> He was never fat, BMI at the most was 22, flat tummy.

20 is ideal.

> He's lost around
> 15 pounds, so he's a little skinny now, but that amount of weight loss
> by itself shouldn't produce such a dramatic change.

It does. His weight is more ideal now.

My BMI is 20.

I start being able to stop BP and cholesterol medications for my patients as
their BMI approaches 20.

God Bless,

Andrew