Re: Gated Community and "Armed Guards".

Frugal Joe

Guest
archive
news:[email protected]...

Frugal Joe wrote:

> archive

Is this really necessary? If you want to save them for your memory book, why
not just keep them on your HD?

> "bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > "vehicles that come into our community that do not have the
> > proper stickers just drive past the guard and wave. When that happens
> > what do the guards do? There is one guard in particular that no matter
> > when I drive into the development he is on the phone. Some of the
> > guards just sit in the chair and do not even move."
> >
> > Maybe they're too busy cleaning their guns!

We visited a friend in a $multi-million/house beach community. The guard
(there were two at the post) took our names and VIN and then phoned the friend
just to make sure. I didn't notice whether the guy was armed or not, but the
crossbar looked fairly substantial.

--
Cheers, Bev
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:03:14 -0700, The Real Bev
<[email protected]> wrote:

>We visited a friend in a $multi-million/house beach community. The guard
>(there were two at the post) took our names and VIN and then phoned the friend
>just to make sure. I didn't notice whether the guy was armed or not, but the
>crossbar looked fairly substantial.

VIN? Why not something useful like the license plate number?

Bob Ward wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:03:14 -0700, The Real Bev
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >We visited a friend in a $multi-million/house beach community. The guard
> >(there were two at the post) took our names and VIN and then phoned the friend
> >just to make sure. I didn't notice whether the guy was armed or not, but the
> >crossbar looked fairly substantial.

> VIN? Why not something useful like the license plate number?

You can easily steal license plates.

--
Cheers,
Bev

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:59:05 -0700, The Real Bev
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Bob Ward wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:03:14 -0700, The Real Bev
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> >We visited a friend in a $multi-million/house beach community. The guard
>> >(there were two at the post) took our names and VIN and then phoned the friend
>> >just to make sure. I didn't notice whether the guy was armed or not, but the
>> >crossbar looked fairly substantial.

>> VIN? Why not something useful like the license plate number?

>You can easily steal license plates.

You can't easily see the VIN on a moving vehicle.

"Bob Ward" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:59:05 -0700, The Real Bev
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Bob Ward wrote:

>>> VIN? Why not something useful like the license plate number?

>>You can easily steal license plates.

> You can't easily see the VIN on a moving vehicle.

It aint moving while the goons check it out, stupid.

Bob Ward wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Bob Ward wrote:

> >> VIN? Why not something useful like the license plate number?

> >You can easily steal license plates.

> You can't easily see the VIN on a moving vehicle.

That's why they make you stop. I suspect that if you crashed through the
barrier one of the guards would call the cops.

--
Cheers,
Bev

"The Real Bev" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bob Ward wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:03:14 -0700, The Real Bev
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> >We visited a friend in a $multi-million/house beach community. The
>> >guard
>> >(there were two at the post) took our names and VIN and then phoned the
>> >friend
>> >just to make sure. I didn't notice whether the guy was armed or not,
>> >but the
>> >crossbar looked fairly substantial.

>> VIN? Why not something useful like the license plate number?

> You can easily steal license plates.

or a resort sticker