Re: German chains with special opening link

Jack Russell

Guest
I think they are fantastic, make chain cleaning easy. sometimes they are
hard to undo. The trick is to spray with WD40 so they are clean and they
undo at an angle. I cannot describe it better, I did find a web page
that showed it but have lost the link.

Andrew Swan wrote:

> Bought one of these at my LBS tonight - always had Shimano jobs before.
>
> Anyone have any first-hand experience of them? I'm talking about the
> 8/9 speed chains with a special link that you can undo by hand when
> the chain's not under tension.
>
> &roo

Deep Flayed Mares

Guest
Jack Russell <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I think they are fantastic, make chain cleaning easy. sometimes they are
> hard to undo. The trick is to spray with WD40 so they are clean and they
> undo at an angle. I cannot describe it better, I did find a web page
> that showed it but have lost the link.

No pun intended :eek:)
---
DFM